Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring Swings Technique Improvment And Ring Training Progress

igalk474

• 2 months later...

I know it's none of my business, but I'm curious... Why do you bother trying things that is way out of your leauge? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just curious since it's not gonna take you anywhere? 

Point your toes at all times! Looks much better that way, and try to put your legs together during your swings...

And skip the "slowmotionthingy" the next time!

Daniel Jorgensen

new video from training 

:)

what should i correct?

thanks!

I must say - maybe not the prettiest, but you have impressive 'fighter' skills! Why don't you train with a team at your gym? 

I like your felge to iron cross!

btw: The girl @ 2:00 - is she single? :)

i sometimes try skills that are out of my leauge , because they are really really fun to do,

i try to minimize it so i won't build bad habits, but it's not easy

also some times , when i try harder skills, i succeed easier skills that i couldn't do before,

for example, i only started to succeed a cross after i trained on butterfly pull/balandin with latex bands/spotter

but i try not to over do it

thanks!

dr.durden

thanks!

used to train in martial arts before i got into gymnastics

i think this attidute helps of persistence and not giving up till it succeeds,

always used to fight with fighters that were better at the time then me or twice my size,

this way i got a lot better really really fast

i still don't wan't to train with the team ,

because i want to master first the more basic stuff like:

swings , iron cross / L cross, planche , handstand , kip, uprise bwd/fwd , inlocate , dislocate, giant bwd/fwd , dismount , honma , shoulder flexibility , strength and stamina , correct form and clean technique

after i will master those (at least to a level i'm pleased with) , then i'll join and start competing and stuff first on small competitions then maybe bigger... , i don't know, i will see how it's going on,

i think that the first 2 years are the hardest probably , the basics are the hardest, but after you achived this it's then only a matter of getting stronger and trying more difficult skills

also about the competitions , i only want to compete , not because of medals/money/impressing the judges/nation...

i wan't  to compete so it will motivate me to train farther and better and to beat me(what i think is possible and what's not),

i wan't to train for 10 years , to see how much can i achieve in 10 years if i really give my best , and try to get strongest , most clean tecnique, and better expertise on the rings, i want to do this to achieve prefection & efficiency in technique,more focus during the routine,and to see what's possible , and to do it at the higher level possible,

i'm doing this as an experiment out of curiosity, it's not to impress me , and not to impress others,

it's more about getting to be the best that i can be in 10 years of training on the rings

at first i tried it to be azarian to cross, but i will give it some time

the girl , i think so , i should talk to her and find out, at the time i didn't saw her as i was so focused on the training, so i usually don't see nothing beside my hands and the 2 rings,

but now i did saw her on the video , so i will talk to her and find out

anyway , it's a good progress from my last videos, it's slow progress, but still a progress,

i finally improved my dismount, i shoud do it more straight probably upward

thanks

Daniel Jorgensen

i sometimes try skills that are out of my leauge , because they are really really fun to do,

i try to minimize it so i won't build bad habits, but it's not easy

also some times , when i try harder skills, i succeed easier skills that i couldn't do before,

for example, i only started to succeed a cross after i trained on butterfly pull/balandin with latex bands/spotter

but i try not to over do it

thanks!

dr.durden

thanks!

used to train in martial arts before i got into gymnastics

i think this attidute helps of persistence and not giving up till it succeeds,

always used to fight with fighters that were better at the time then me or twice my size,

this way i got a lot better really really fast

i still don't wan't to train with the team ,

because i want to master first the more basic stuff like:

swings , iron cross / L cross, planche , handstand , kip, uprise bwd/fwd , inlocate , dislocate, giant bwd/fwd , dismount , honma , shoulder flexibility , strength and stamina , correct form and clean technique

after i will master those (at least to a level i'm pleased with) , then i'll join and start competing and stuff first on small competitions then maybe bigger... , i don't know, i will see how it's going on,

i think that the first 2 years are the hardest probably , the basics are the hardest, but after you achived this it's then only a matter of getting stronger and trying more difficult skills

also about the competitions , i only want to compete , not because of medals/money/impressing the judges/nation...

i wan't  to compete so it will motivate me to train farther and better and to beat me(what i think is possible and what's not),

i wan't to train for 10 years , to see how much can i achieve in 10 years if i really give my best , and try to get strongest , most clean tecnique, and better expertise on the rings, i want to do this to achieve prefection & efficiency in technique,more focus during the routine,and to see what's possible , and to do it at the higher level possible,

i'm doing this as an experiment out of curiosity, it's not to impress me , and not to impress others,

it's more about getting to be the best that i can be in 10 years of training on the rings

at first i tried it to be azarian to cross, but i will give it some time

the girl , i think so , i should talk to her and find out, at the time i didn't saw her as i was so focused on the training, so i usually don't see nothing beside my hands and the 2 rings,

but now i did saw her on the video , so i will talk to her and find out

anyway , it's a good progress from my last videos, it's slow progress, but still a progress,

i finally improved my dismount, i shoud do it more straight probably upward

thanks

But I'm pretty sure you would improve a lot faster on the basic dynamic XR elements if you trained with a beginners team. Anyways...

Keep us posted 'bout the lady :D

• Upvote 1

Whoa, I totally missed the girls because I was watching the mushroom work. Training with the team might be a good idea since you still need to clean up your swing technique on rings and work on your extension on mushroom.

lol :)

anyway,

i'm already training in 3 teams which are not competitive at different times of the week,

and the junior competitive is not for my age, so i can't train there,

and have 6 coaches , but most of them are busy because there are many people training on the floor,

i will work another year on the noncompetitive , then i'll try to join the competitive senior team

till now i'm training on the rings exactly 2 years, so in another year i think i will improve on the basics

usually i work on the basics, the stuff i do once or twice at the begining of the training after warmup,

then all the rest of the training is devided to first rings technique and then fitness and strength

btw , yesterday i finally understood how to do a piked dislocate(from bwd kip from hang),

my legs usually dropped before i pushed the hands to the front while i'm raising,

now i understood that i need to put the hands at that position fast before my legs drops,

this way my hands are at the level of the rings

also worked on some pirouettes and healy on the p-bars,

it's fun

will keep you posted about her , if anything happens

lol  :)

thanks!

learned a new skill today: 

:)

maybe i could start doing RyanC suggested routine soon:

i did piked dislocate,

should work more on dislocate/inlocate so i could do twice in a row

then i could do it

Muscle up>Slow lower thru Iron Cross to hang>Straight Arm straight body lift to inverted hang> Inverted pike> cast forward to swing back>swing forward> back up rise L> press Straddle Planche> L hold> press HS> Lower slowly thru L to inverted pike> cast forward to swing back> front swing> inlocate>inlocate>dislocate>dislocate> layout dismount.

• 1 month later...

usefull for swings:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3812/iqjz.jpg

currently have trouble mostly on the 4th frame part because of flexibility and also the 5th frame,

also should use my abs more where the 5th frame onward, and make sure my arms are a little wider than 45 degrees like in the pic,usually i keep the arms too close, still havn't got to the position on the 6th frame,

but i'm keeping to work on it till it succeeds, also on the 3rd frame, makeing sure i'm stretched downward and use the shoulder girdle for the swings , also when doing the kip , making sure it's totally upward , not diagonal , 

and make sure to wait till hands and shoulder are almost at the same heigth like in the 3rd frame , then stretching the feet out and keeping the abs thight while decsending, also making sure the head position is correct , and hands keeping the pressure on the rings all the time  and legs together

but still, i need to master every movment in those frames to be exactly like that,

will take some time and work , but still improving it , piked dislocate getting better

iqjz.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to be cruel or anything but my training buddy saw your video and said "tell him to put a broomstick between his legs and tape them together so hell learn how to keep them straight" :) i think he was referring to your ring swings :P