Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good Dynamic strength workout routine?

Ant18

Joshua Naterman
You do realize that this may be the most vague question on the board, right?

A much more diplomatic response than anything I could have thought of lol!

"Hi guys. In conclusion, make me a routine!"

(dot dot dot...)

Quick Start Test Smith

Ahaha... it's fine, Ant. The WODs are probably all you need. :)

Joshua Naterman
Yeah .. I know that now and I feel stupid :L

Don't sweat it! Welcome to the boards :P

Answer away :) thanks.

Here's my own fun little routine I did last winter. Very easy to do if you have access to a dip/pull up station and will force your body to adapt quickly to heavily increasing loads of work.

Find out what your maximum is... on weighted chin ups and dips.. And get a stop watch.

Weighted chin ups and weighted dips.

Find your 1 rep maximum on chin ups. You should be able to do more dips than pull ups like most people if you have some training experience.

Here's the work out. You have 1 hour to do 50 weighted chin ups with your 1 rep maximum, and 50 dips. Think of the session as one very long super set. Get comfy with the weight belt...

The best way to do it is basically dishing out 10 singles on your chin ups.. Then after that do your dips. Then repeat.

Because after about 10 singles of 1 rep maximum weighted chin ups, you will be burning. The dips become easier after doing chin ups... Compared to the chin ups, the dips will be easy and give you some time to recover before starting another 10 chin ups.

The beauty here is that between each single, you take about 30+ seconds of rest right. At a certain point the chin ups and the dips will start to feel a lot harder, but then, after about 40 mins or so, you actually reach some kind of zone, where you feel stronger than when you started and this is where you can catch up if you're taking too long with the sets. I don't how to explain it or why this even happens but that's what I experienced doing this kind of work. It's very different from the sensation you get from running long distances, but I don't know what else to compare it to. ( you don't feel the endorphin rush in the same way you do with Runner's high, which is weird)

When you've recovered after a few days. Go do 60. Then 70. Then 80. When you reach 100, up the weight and start over at 50 reps.

After 1-2 weeks you should take a break. Well, you'll have to take a break. Enjoy training... And taking a lot of naps. :)

So there you have it!! 1 crazy ass work out.

*runs away before people start screaming about overtraining*