Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Box Press Hs, Press Hs Off Panel Mat

Blairbob

Box Press HS

Press HS off panel mat

yeah, I kinda jumped a bit and cheated on the 2nd video. This was shot at the end of the practice quickly.

Wow, I sound funny and there is some foul language. My bad. 30 pushups!

That's awesome. I think that'll solve everyone's "what's a box press HS?" in the HS WODs

Thanks a lot Blairbob :)

That thought did occur. However, I made it because someone on FB asked me. And I also figured out how to charge the video cameras we had in the gym since I couldn't find the means for months now.

Pretty easy, but I don't really have the capability to flip the video 90 degrees.

Thanks man!

By the way, how am I supposed to progress if I'm now doing HeS RLL elevated?

HeS RLL - HeS RLL elevated - Wall HS Press (awww pike compression issue!) - Box HS Press - HS Press... right?

To press from an Lsit I need a lot of pike compression and some strenght to pull the hips above shoulder height... I don't know how to build that strenght, I guess I'll just mess around with the Wall HS presses now.

HS LL are more difficult than box press typically, I think.

One of the drills I used for L-sit press was HS on panel mats so I could have a channel to press through. At first it was merely HS to L-sit.

Or working it on PB.

I never had it on floor, heck I couldn't even do anything from an L or straddle-L but push off my butt. I've never had any hip compression so I would just lean forward a lot till I could clear my feet. Being much stronger helped but now I'm nowhere near that strong though I understand the technique better so that helps maybe 15% compared to 8 or 9 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hah. Unfortunately, the beard and sides that were coming in are gone. I wanted to trim them down a bit and afterwards I noticed the hair was coming in pretty sparsely so I ended up with just stubble.

However, the girls are much happier without me being as scruffy and I can pass off for being the same age as the college coeds I hit on much better. :P

• 1 year later...

Maybe it's just me but the links aren't working and the browser doesn't even recognize them as being links. I've noticed this in a number of other posts as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Same for me, I just google them and they pull up the YouTube clip. You can highlight them, right click, and google it so it's real quick in case you didn't know ^.^

Links are fixed, don't forget that the old website used a different code, so they won't display properly now. When you see broken links just report the thread and a Mod will fix it.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic