Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two things: A DIY Iron Cross Trainer, and Weight Vest Sales

Patrick Donnelly

Patrick Donnelly

Firstly, here are some instructions on how to build an iron cross trainer. The cost is about $35, though it requires some patience and some tools. http://patrickhdonnelly.blogspot.com/20 ... ainer.html

On an unrelated note, I am a wholesale dealer with MiR Weighted Vests, providing my customers with about 10-15% off their purchases. MiR is currently doing a sale where if you buy a vest, you can get a second vest without any additional weights, for cheap (about half off the standard price for an empty one). I've been selling vests at a discount since March, and now I can even save you a little more on the second vest. The second vest itself is pretty cheap, so the additional savings won't be much, but I'll do what I can.

So, as an example, you could buy a 90lb Pro Vest (90lb max, comes with 90lbs of weight) and a second Compact Short Vest (30lb max, comes with 0lbs of weight). This allows you to workout with a partner, splitting up the 90lbs of weight between you, since all the vests use the same 1.5lb bricks. You also have the Compact Short Vest for days where you're doing lighter training, like adv. tuck planche push-ups, so you can put on a less bulky vest.

This deal is valid for the Compact Short, Short, Pro, Women's, and Slim vests. It is also valid the Short+ and Pro+ vests, and the weighted Belts and Shorts; however, I would recommend simply getting one of the other vests.

This deal is not applicable to the 40lb Plate-Loaded Vest, Ankle Weights, or Wrist Weights.

Here's some detailed info on the Short, Pro, Short+, and Pro+ vests. I've not yet personally tried the other vests, so I cannot give you specifics on comfort, fit, etc. but I can give you some general info. MiR is a good brand, and I think you'll be happy with the price and the quality.

http://patrickhdonnelly.blogspot.com/2008/02/mir-weight-vest-review.html

If you're interested, send me an email. It may take me a while to get back to you, since I've been busy with work and preparing for college; if I don't reply in 36 hours, send me another mail.

Take care,

Patrick D.

patrickhdonnelly@hotmail.com