Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Flares Question

juliusoh

Hi

I am currently in Korea with other advanced level bboys and I had a question about flares and the variations.

Is it better to have a skinnier/leaner body type than a more muscular body type?

Because alot of the kids here are very lean but they have full control over their flares and can do other hard variations and combinations and transitions...

Thanks...

Here is a video of the people I'm practicing with.

http://youtu.be/DAEu2Ra5hNM

Anyone can do flares with practice, but you can't really do great flares with strength alone; you'll need good flexibility in your splits and shoulders. From my point of view, I think people with leaner bodies can learn flares easier because they can create swing (momentum?) with their long legs while muscular people tend to use strength.

P.S: I wish I can go to Korea. I'm very jealous of you. :P

Alessandro Mainente

i'm muscular and not to much tall, i am 1.73 and 77.5 kilos, i can do multiple circles on the floor and multiple flares, the body follows what you have to do, have big muscles is not a prerequisite to have big strength, but not flexibile muscles is not a great situation for the flare. the tecnique is important as the strength as the flexibility! is normal think that a great basic strength can decrease the time to achieve the flare!!!

I already have flares but I want to do flare to handstand and all sorts of variations..

I cant even do handstand press because my legs are too heavy..

For a person like me how do you develop that abnormal strength?

I am 176cm 72KG

I need to catch up with these korean crazy kids..

If you're 176 and 72kg I doubt heavy legs are your problem. Comeon I'm 172 and between 75-77kg and I store most of my fat in my legs, yet I can do multiple press HS.

Alessandro Mainente

Razz is possible have a heavy legs, i have palyed soccer for 15 years, and 8 of there years i a club of C division in italy, my legs have big muscles in quadriceps also in the back of the legs also in the butt, the reason is the great amount of time that i had passed in the gym for a weigth lifting session with the team! also i can do press to handstand but for some skill like flares or circles for me is too hard!!! i don't have fat to lose on my legs, you can counter balance them with more strength in the upper body..

• 3 weeks later...
Yaad Mohammad
I think i should just gradually get stronger by lifting weights.

Or better, handstands, and other shoulder training instead of lifting weights.