Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS update 6-16-11

acegerter

Nic Scheelings

Great video, looks like u've improved heaps. Ur active straddle flex looked way better in this vid too.

Wow, that looked pretty solid. I like that pressing into OAH. That's so difficult!

For anyone who is in a country where youtube blocked the clip because of the music, you can watch it via a web proxy site like http://hidemyass.com/

and paste the video url (

) into it.

yuri marmerstein

one arm press, wtf!

you are improving way too fast, gives me some motivation.

nice work man, loads better than when we trained in may.

Mikael Kristiansen

Good work! You are much more stable, and it looks like you are much more free on 1 arm. In straddle you lift your arm quite well, though you can be a bit more relaxed in the arm to isolate it a little more.(while still keeping the trapezius shrugged of course)

Your attempts at Figa(the piked position, thats what they call it in russian) are decent, but you do not turn far enough. What you can see on both arms is that you fall back towards your legs because there is more weight in that direction. If you turn a bit more and focus mostly on compressing the furthest leg(left leg on right arm and vice versa) it becomes easier to balance it. Also, before you become confident with the leg position, do not lift your arm at once, just keep it low. Same principle as in a normal straddle, as I guess you know how much harder it is to lift it than to just have it low. However it is a very hard position to do, and can be a real pain in the ass hehe.

Tucked flags are ok, just keep on going and you will become strong enough to do on 1 arm.

Kick ups to 1 are pretty good on the right arm. The focus on this one should really be on the kicking leg. Get that leg into a comfortable straddled position as soon as you can. On the left you can clearly see that you have a harder time finding the position of your legs, but the last one is very good.

1 arm press strength there is not too bad! The stronger you get, the further down you can start with the other leg and just lift off. Flag strength and press strength go a bit hand in hand though there are some differences, but work both and they will have good carryover to each other.

Again, good work! I think you also should start working on moving your legs while on 1 arm. Try moving from straddle into diamond(the one where your toes are touching but still split legs). It is quite challenging, but I think you can manage. When that becomes easy, try doing it at the same time you move your arm up for example.

Handbalancer,

Thanks a ton for the input. I never thought of moving into the diamond position let alone moving legs and arms at the same time. This will give me a lot to play with :-)

The video was actually my first time playing with side flags. I've gotten a bit more comfortable since then. I can hold a one arm for a few seconds on each side. The problem happens as soon as I try to extend my legs out from the tuck, even just a tiny bit of. I think its just a matter of finding the balance and developing the strength.

In french the "Figa" is called "Torsion"! I had to step back from these a bit because they are pretty strenuous of my shoulders at the moment but I'll keep your advice in mind!

Thanks again!