Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guess training, Coach Sommer or Ido portal answer prefered.

Guess

Hello everyone !!

I'm a boy of 17year, 1m76 71kg.

Firstly sorry for my bad english, I'm french :wink:

I'm so interested to do some move like human flag (soon I will arrive), one arm chin up, planche, front lever, muscle up.

Here is my routine (I begin it seriously today).

Session 1

Handstand push up

Dips

variation of push up with leg on a support

one arm push up

Psuedo push up - tuck planche push up

Diamond push up

Triceps isolation bodyweight exercices.

+ tuck planche (try 60sec in one set) and advanced tuck front lever (I can actually hold during 45sec in one set).

Session 2

Sternum Pull up - Chin up

Pull up - Chin up with add weight (18kg for the moment)

Frenchies chin up

Assisted chin up (one arm below the other)

Chin up with baseball grip

Explosive pull up

L- pull up

Negative rep with one arm

Grip exercice

+ tuck planche and advanced tuck front lever, + gainage (strenght training isometric)

Mo 1

Tu 2 + Core training

We + balance training (with handstand)

Th 1

Fr 2 + balance training (with handstand)

Sa Core training

Su Nothing

I'm lost with hoe many set/ hoe many break time between the set/exercises i have to take to have a pure strenght training, no endurance. If you can help me please ^^

For know a bit my performance: I can do 24 dips, 20 chin up, 50 push up

I would like to know hoe I can do for have low rep during my dips - chin up - push up set, do i have to add weight everytime ? (to be in 4-6 rep) ?

Do I have to take the hardest exercises of each kind of exercices ? (can you tell me some hard dips version, in video if it's possible) ?

Thank you in advance

Sincerly, Guess.

Guest Ido Portal

Hello.

I do not have the time to design a complete program for you, but I will make a couple of recommendations:

1. With your numbers in the basic exercises, I suggest concentrating on your new goals. any endurance work will take adaptation elsewhere. YOU ARE WHAT YOU DO, FREQUENTLY. It is also a bad time to improve your 10 Km run. Dont spread your goals too wide.

2. Pair planche and f-lever, they are great antagonistic pair.

3. Achieve muscle up before working the one arm chin, again, minimizing the number of goals and also, you have no buisness to work the one arm chin before you can do a couple of mups. Its basic stuff.

4. Use the flag, planche and f-lever progressions suggested by coach sommer as a guide. Read them again and again, the devil is in the details. Many fail to implement these and their progress suffers.

5. Alternate frequent (daily) training with low volume and less-frequent training with higher volume, change back and fourth between them, each 2-4 weeks. You want to avoid stagnation.

I see a lot of programming mistakes around this forum and people are not advancing as rapidly as they should. (If they advance at all)

Ask yourselfs: are you practicing the same positions without a visible improvement for a long time? Many are stuck because of badly planned training programs and many also think it is just a question of practicing the skills again and again. Is it so?? If it was true this forum was full of straddle planche videos and full front levers. It shouldnt take so long to move from progression to progression in a carefully planned program. Consider what I wrote above as guidlines, dont repeat the same things over and over again and expect a different result - this is the definition of madness.

Good luck,

Ido Portal

Hacasa Performance Center,

Haifa, Israel.

Thanks a lot for this good answer, Ido.

It's true that I've so many goal, I have to reduce it to begin little by little, at first I will try the side lever (flag), the planche and f-lever like you said.

I will read again the guide of coach sommer, for know it in the detail too!! I do already his progression 8)

Sinds I've begin bodyweight musculation, I do my dips in 6 set, with 25sec of break between it, my maximum is 6 set of 10rep, . But for a pure strenght prog, I should do 5 set of 1-6 rep, with "great" break between it, so, for arrive to do low rep, should I add weight to my dips ? Or it's better to do a more strong dips variante ? For the pull up, push up I've the same probleme. They are not so many hard variante for pull up, I can do clap pull up, round the world, etc... so I have to add weight for all my exercice of pull up ?

But can you give me a quick easy example (like a standard) of strenght program ?

And For the low volume training daily, it's more or less 25mn, it isn't ? With push up and pull up working ?

Does it's better to do (for the high volume training [ 1 hour ? ]) push up exercises and pull up the same day ?

If somedy can tell me some strong variation of push up, pull up, and dips (strenght training), it will be so nice.

Thanks again Ido for your answer, and sorry if I've again questions :oops:

Hello, I've read a lot strenght training article, I've try to make a good new training now, it's this:

5x3 Handtand push up

5x3 Weighted Dips

5x2 Tuck planche push up

5x3 weighted pull up

2 set of false grip training, 2 set of weighted towel pull up

Advanced frog planche hold

Advanced front lever hold

All this exercises with 1m40 of break between set/exercises.

Mo I do it

Tu I do it

We balance (with handstand) training

Th I do it

Fr I do it

Sa balance training

Su

So what do you think of this ?

edit: I've forget to add the core training.... but before I worked during 40minute without any break my core.... Can you tell me hard core exerciese please?

Thanks in advance.

Edward Smith

Hi Guess,

I'm not Ido but I'll give my two cents. Looks pretty good, I would suggest pairing all the exercises up, either alternating sets or doing a pushing movement then a pulling. I would suggest:

-Handstand push ups

-Towel pull ups

-Dips

-Pull ups

-Tuck Planche push up

-Advanced Front lever pull ups

-Planche

-Front Lever

This is just how I would suggest pairing them, do the progressions your up to for each exercise. I would suggest putting the false grip holds on your 'balance' day, they could be practiced as a skill, just a suggestion though.

A hope you don't mind Guess but I thought I might ask Ido a couple of questions myself. Ido, with your 5th recommendation to Guess about swapping between low volume and high volume. Do you simply mean swapping between strength stuff and endurance stuff or something different?

And secondly, with the poor programming, could you elaborate on that a little? Specifically what are the most common mistakes? are they things like lack o variation, poor cycling (load, over-load, underload), etc?

Cheers,

Ed

Hello Ed x.

Thank you for your answer, it help me much =) I will pair my push-pull up exercises like you say, thanks.

No prob for your questions, it will be interesting for me too to know the answer =)

Sincerly, Guess.

Guest Ido Portal

No ed, it has nothing to do with strength/endurance. It has a lot to do with high volume+low frequency and low volume+high frequency. If you have no endurance goals, why would you cycle in endurance work? For variation's sake? no.

I dont understand the use of pull-ups and push ups so frequently here if they are not part of your goals and you have achieved a strength base with them already. Concentrate your efforts on your specific goals. Working the muscle ups will take care of your pull up numbers, and even though there may be a drop in conditioning, you have to decide what you want most. Juggle too many balls and you drop them all.

Thanks Ido, it's true, I've to choise my goal, I can't do all in same time...... so before my goal was to do the maximum pull up, dips, push up etc.... now I want to do a muscle up, the flag etc... same if I could do lower push up or dips or anything else..

I've now understand this, thank you all.

To slightly clarify where I think you might have misunderstood ed (and I'm not totally sure myself, so please correct me if I'm wrong), but by high volume-low frequency, he means more effort-less often, and nothing to do with more reps (which, I think, is where you got the endurance idea).