Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 Mallorca GB Seminar is Now Confirmed

Coach Sommer

Last time all the transportation was arranged by Omegant.

Sounds awesome. Hoping to make it together with a very good gymnast friend of mine. All depending on economy as usual

Alvaro Antolinez

The gym is 10-15 min to the airport, is located at an industrial park at Palma. The hotel was very close to the airport at can pastilla , this year I'll be looking also for other hotels inside Palma. I'll let you know as soon I have more info. (I'll give public transport lines and timetables from-to the airport)

• 2 weeks later...
Alvaro Antolinez

Well just you all to know I´m finding hotel prices, maybe a hotel inside Palma will be more convenient, once I got serious offer and coach gives his approval I´ll post the info(all of it beware!). Also I am opening a new post on Tshirt design for the outside US seminar, here we are going to make some T-shirts who is in? :twisted:

• 1 month later...
Alvaro Antolinez

Stay tuned later today I'll begin to post all the acomodation information for The Mallorca seminar acomodation. Also whe should close the tshirt design in order to begin the buy list!( I'll post this on the tshirt post too)

Alvaro Antolinez

Well sorry for the delay as my job kept me busy yesterday.

I proposed and Coach agreed that this time will be better to be at Palma itself, it will make easier going for doing the tourist thing or some shopping or going for some drinks :D . Still there is a bus that goes close to the hotel from the airport, and still we´ll have to use a bus or a taxi (I am going to negotiate with a taxi company if it is cheaper that way).

The hotel is called Tryp Bosque, I tried to negotiate a group price, but the one they gave me is double than the web offer so... maybe is better to use the web reservation. The price right now for our dates is around 55 euros/night. For those in a budget there is also a Hostal across the street.

The best prices so far are here

The Hostal page is here. I think they speak english but if you have any problem making a reservation just send me a message and I´ll make it for you.

There is another hostel 2 streets away( 2 min walking really), so you can choose, it seems a bit newer. The link is here.

I think that at the hostels you are able to make a reservation with out advanced payment, I did´t reserve any room for us so try to make an early booking just in case (you could allways cancell it!). The hotel has a bit more expensive reservations if you want to be able to cancell.

That it is for the moment, remember we should begin to decide the Tshirt design to begin with the order list!.

As last year I´ll make a map with instructions to arrive to the hotel and all the interesting points in Palma.

• 3 weeks later...
Alvaro Antolinez

Yep it seems every body is without a job OR at the beach right now... :( . Common guys show up for the seminar!!!

Super sorry to receive the message, i was really looking forward to seeing Coach Sommer and everyone else in Mallorca.

I'm not going to let it get me down though, will just have to save a bit extra and go to Arizona in May, which is a beautiful time of year there i hear.

Both European seminars have been cancelled, not enough people were able to attend.

Michael Traynor

Very sad news, was hugely looking forward to it too, will have to save up for May like you Mr Brady.