Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OAHS update

acegerter

Impressive mate! I'm really jealous too! :o I've been trying to do some OAHS too but I didn't see much progress...

How did you start? Can you give some tips please? :)

Practice a LOT and be very very consistent... I've been working 1-2+ hours of OAHS, 6 days a week for the past 4 months to get this far! The best advice I've gotten is simply to do something (could be anything really) everyday that will help you reach your goals.

The OAHS should be seen as a practice that takes years to "master"

-Alex

Wow :shock: That makes sense...

Did you start by making a handstand with open legs and trying to put the balance on just one hand without taking the other hand of the floor? Taking from the floor finger by finger while gaining strenght and finding balance?

Sorry if it was confusing... :?

Mikael Kristiansen

You balance quite well in your split position. You should start to experiment with moving the free arm as well as trying with legs together.

When you hold on to the bar and do flags, you rely too much on your pulling arm. Your lower body is too far out, so it becomes a little too much like a human flag. What you want to do is hang as little as you can on the bar and really bend at the waist so you can stay on top of your shoulder. You should really feel it in your obliques, as it is both active flex and a lot of strength. it is supposed to feel like the one you do at around 2.55, just much heavier.

@banzas: pretty much, didn't take my hand off the floor for 1-2 months, just worked my way up to really light touch... its quality > quantity (in every sense) for this skill... be **patient** and consistent :-)

@handbalancer:

I tried the side planche with light on the pulling arm... the balance came a lot easier, but I see what you mean about it being hard on the obliques :-) I'll definitely start messing with the different arm movements and the other basic positions. Thanks for the input!