Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else use these?

MatthewM

One of my long term goals is a one arm chin up, I have taken a break with the weighted pull ups for a while, and have been exploring various bodyweight methods to increase my pull strength.

So far, my favorite exercise so far is what I call a archer pull up, which is just what I came up with after playing around with archer push ups...Though, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called something else. It's simply doing a ring pull up, but one arm stays straight, creating a mix between a one arm pull up, and a hang pull to cross.

I have found it works great, even though I can only do a few negatives of it, I have noticed that it has helped my pulling strength, and it has seemed to help my elbows with straight arm work.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever used them, and what they think of them.

Matt

Check out this link:http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/232/

It sticks to the basics of what you are doing, I don't think there is really a name, it's just a variation to allow more weight to be worked on the other arm.

Yeah, I have read that. Great article, followed a lot of what they said. Just wondering if anyone does the chin ups I described on their rings, and if so, what they thought of them. Personally, I find them to be very effective, I have a feeling that before long I will be doing one arm negatives because of this move.

if you want to get the oac. one of most importent things are teaching yourself to keep the shoulder in its sucket !

or your shoulders will die

work on one arm hang with max tension never to failure