Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand books

Bruno Cochofel

I have it.

There are couple of good drills (mostly partner drills) described but everything comes down to keep your shoulders shrugged, glutes tight, neutral spine...

You won't find anything that you couldn't come up on your own with some imagination.

What makes the "book" (I bought the ebook version) really bad is the following. She uses the same text modules over, and over, and over again.

Have your gymnast lie on their back, face up.

Use the floor exercise area or a firm mat.

Once they are comfortable, have them place their arms at their

sides and their palms down.

Next, instruct your gymnast to keep everything on the floor,

including their hands, head, shoulder blades, buttocks, legs, and

feet.

Once your gymnast is completely flat....

You will read this A LOT of times. She just had a text template and changed a couple of words for each exercise.

This goes on and on for every exercise. You won't find photos in that "book" either. Instead you get stick figures (which still do the job). You could condese this whole thing onto just a couple of pages, by just having the stick figure images and you wouldn't miss a thing.

Ok, and if that wasn't enough, the whole thing is written in *drum roll" Comic Sans MS.

I mean , wow... I couldn't believe my eyes. Just imagine how much an "author" must hate his readership to do such a thing?

Here is the table of contents:

HMntO.pngWuKZX.png

Update:

Oh and if your are thinking about buying http://www.handbalancingbook.com by a guy named hand-balancer on this forum (not to be confused with Handbalancer), DON'T!

I am in the process testing the "60 days of money back, no questions asked" (update: got my refund) offer,because it is not worth your money at all! This little word document has 29 pages. If you leave out the big pictures in the beginning of each chapter and eliminate the white space you could condense it to a couple of pages also.

Summery of content : Do HS against the wall. Do free HS. Do HSPU. Walk while in HS. There you have it. That's all there is. But hey, it's not written in Comic Sans MS. I guess that's a plus.

How somebody, in this day and age, with all the blogs and forums, can put out this little pdf and seriously put a price tag on it, is a puzzle to me. There is so much better quality content regarding handstands on this forum alone.

Your are better off reading these free resources and wait until Coach publishes his HS book.

http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials/tutorials/33

http://www.beastskills.com/blog/blog/id/88/ or

http://myplanchetraining.com/handstand-tutorial-1/.

These 3 resources alone provide more (and better) content than what you will find in the two "books" together.

I hope that helped.

Thanks for the warning on hand-balancer's material, i figured as much.

I had deleted many of his obviously spam posts and requested he change his user name as its far too close to Handbalancer from whom we've all learned a considerable amount without needing to download anything.

I don't think hand-balancer understands where he is, this isn't grade school!

FWIW - Sarabia's planche tutorial is worth the minimal fee, some nice idea's that complement what we do here, fun warm ups etc. Plus he's a good guy deserving of a little support.

Bruno Cochofel

Well, thanks for that :-)

and thanks for the url's, I already read them, and I agree they have helped me a lot..

David Barclay

I will echo what Mr. Brady said about Sarabia's planche tutorial; certainly worth the small fee, and a nice compliment to what we do here.

His handstand videos also very good as well - he is worth supporting.

cheers,

David

I have it.

There are couple of good drills (mostly partner drills) described but everything comes down to keep your shoulders shrugged, glutes tight, neutral spine...

You won't find anything that you couldn't come up on your own with some imagination.

What makes the "book" (I bought the ebook version) really bad is the following. She uses the same text modules over, and over, and over again.

Have your gymnast lie on their back, face up.

Use the floor exercise area or a firm mat.

Once they are comfortable, have them place their arms at their

sides and their palms down.

Next, instruct your gymnast to keep everything on the floor,

including their hands, head, shoulder blades, buttocks, legs, and

feet.

Once your gymnast is completely flat....

You will read this A LOT of times. She just had a text template and changed a couple of words for each exercise.

This goes on and on for every exercise. You won't find photos in that "book" either. Instead you get stick figures (which still do the job). You could condese this whole thing onto just a couple of pages, by just having the stick figure images and you wouldn't miss a thing.

Ok, and if that wasn't enough, the whole thing is written in *drum roll" Comic Sans MS.

I mean , wow... I couldn't believe my eyes. Just imagine how much an "author" must hate his readership to do such a thing?

I have the book too and I couldnt agree more with Gymgreg. All I can say is work on your wallhHS (stomach against the wall) and you will get it. Doit every day after you brushed your teeth, make it habit.

Bruno Cochofel
I will echo what Mr. Brady said about Sarabia's planche tutorial; certainly worth the small fee, and a nice compliment to what we do here.

His handstand videos also very good as well - he is worth supporting.

cheers,

David

Well, just bought the "110% Master Planche Training"..

:-)