Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Paleo 2.0"

Donar

Very interesting read. Probably the most logical and informative method that I've read for constructing a "paleo" diet. One thing that I thought was a little strange: He said that corn and white rice were "acceptable" non-gluten grains although white and sweet potatoes were better forms of startch. Why white rice over brown rice? The only thing I can think of is that some of the fat is removed in going from brown to white. The Omega 6 to 3 ratio of brown rice is about 22:1 while the ratio in white rice is about 5:1, although both have relatively low fat to begin with. Is that the main reason?

Aaron Griffin
Why white rice over brown rice? The only thing I can think of is that some of the fat is removed in going from brown to white. The Omega 6 to 3 ratio of brown rice is about 22:1 while the ratio in white rice is about 5:1, although both have relatively low fat to begin with. Is that the main reason?

It probably has more to do with anti-nutrients. While rice doesn't contain gluten, it has other bad things in there. I assume that in processing it to make it "white", you also lose some of those anti-nutrients. I've heard this argument elsewhere.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.