Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Increasing lean muscle mass - form following function

Poppy

Alvaro Antolinez

I don't think infinite rings would have more effect than olympic rings or maybe double lenght ( just guessing at this) as once you begin correcting there will be some resonance on the straps and then limiting the amplitude of the movement, maybe variating length rings will be more interesting as you change the distance you change the frequency and amplitude of oscillation and then the effort done at each length. Maybe all this is just plain wrong.. :?

Joshua Naterman

Infinite length rings means your arc of movement is basically 0 degrees, which means that there is absolutely no force in any direction, which means you have nothing to support against. You are 100% on your own. The longer straps get the closer to this effect you get, but what I am talking about with the moving ring mounts will create the most challenging upper body stabilization environment. I suppose that technically that would work for legs as well.

Alvaro Antolinez

Maybe your platform will acomplish that purpouse much better than some rings hanging from a 300´ bridge (with no wind :shock: ), I get your point and it is possibly a good one, I just say that infinite rings wont behave as expected ( I guess).

Your platform is worth a try!, I expect to build a garage workshop during this year, maybe I could help in a near future. :wink:

I might be missing Slizz's point, but i think its more for a situation where the ceiling is not that high.

Almost certainly there is a point where there is no practical difference between the two.

Alvaro Antolinez

I guess Slizzard means that the rings don´t move in an arc but in a flat plane. (infinite radius arc) so you are not pivoting to a point above you, but having to balance a free moving rings inside that plane (harder). :?: Is it correct?

Joshua Naterman

RIGHT!

The basic idea is to take what makes long rings so wonderful and make that available on an 8 foot ceiling. The thing is, what I'm talking about will be MUCH harder than rings because everything moves in a flat plane instead of an arc as omegant says, so there is no angular force to brace against. I don't know if it's even possible to do a cross on something like that, if it is you would have to be strong beyond belief. Bulgarian dips would become a high level challenge, I think.