Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adult gymnastic class

David Beckerman

David Beckerman

Hi GB fans,

Just thought I would share my experience of going to an adult gymnastic class in case, like I was, people are nervous about going (no idea why I was nervous haha).

It was different to what I was expecting, I was left to my own devices for most of the night with a couple of tips given here and there most of it was re-iterating what Coach and others have said on this forum. The best bit of advice I got was from someone else there on PB swings. The advice was to swing from my shoulders. I think I was probably swinging from my abs. After trying out the feedback on my technique it felt completely different so if anything my evening was good for just that one bit of info.

I enjoyed having all the equipment there and after I did my WOD I just played around on the different equipment. Such as doing swings on the high bars and simple jumps on the trampoline. It was the first time in my adult life I had been on a trampoline!!!

I enjoyed going and will go again but next time I have to remember to not be shy in asking the trainers for advice or for starting a new skill. I would have been lose I think if I didn't have the WODs and FSPs. If I could give any advice for someone on thinking of going it would be to pester the trainers a bit more.

Next week I am going to check out another adult gymnastic class and go to both as I do shift work it gives me more options.

Cheers,

DB

Gavin Strelitz

Sounds good. I found two spots to do it here (Sydney) but the hours don't work well with a 9-5.30 job.

I would really like to do a class, but I guess it will have to be the WODS for now.

Larry Roseman
Hi GB fans,

Just thought I would share my experience of going to an adult gymnastic class in case, like I was, people are nervous about going (no idea why I was nervous haha).

It was different to what I was expecting, I was left to my own devices for most of the night with a couple of tips given here and there most of it was re-iterating what Coach and others have said on this forum. The best bit of advice I got was from someone else there on PB swings. The advice was to swing from my shoulders. I think I was probably swinging from my abs. After trying out the feedback on my technique it felt completely different so if anything my evening was good for just that one bit of info.

I enjoyed having all the equipment there and after I did my WOD I just played around on the different equipment. Such as doing swings on the high bars and simple jumps on the trampoline. It was the first time in my adult life I had been on a trampoline!!!

I enjoyed going and will go again but next time I have to remember to not be shy in asking the trainers for advice or for starting a new skill. I would have been lose I think if I didn't have the WODs and FSPs. If I could give any advice for someone on thinking of going it would be to pester the trainers a bit more.

Next week I am going to check out another adult gymnastic class and go to both as I do shift work it gives me more options.

Cheers,

DB

Nice! I took 4 adult classes so far felt pretty much the same as you about everything. Although at the club I went to

the coach would come over and show things and let me work on them. Then from time to time the group would get together and they'd work on some intro level moves on different apparatus.

It's mostly girls in my class. I'm ok with that although they are really barely adults, if that. I think it's a combined teen class. So a lot of tumbling and trampoline that I'm not doing. Tried the tramp but landed on my head one too many times, lol.

Ideally I think I would like to go to class 2 times per month, and work on GB stuff during my other sessions. If they are willing to work it that way. I find in class it's difficult to focus on just doing basic strength work because they do more moves.

In the end it is also a good strength workout. But every week is too much for me with GB and other things on my plate.

FIN