Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

L-sit cramps

Danny

Hi all.

I have been working up to an L-sit lately, and can hold a full L-sit for over 10 seconds now, but the problem is, I get real intense cramps in my arms when lowering myself to the floor..

Not while I keep maximum tension, but when I release..

What is this, and will it go away by its self? :roll:

Greets, Danny.

Oh btw, I have also been doing lots of pulling work lately, and now sometimes trough out the day I get a lot of pain in my forearms, close to the elbow.. Should I take rest from all pulling work for a while?

Coach Sommer

The cramps are nothing to be overly concerned about; especially as from your description the cramps appear to be localized to the muscle itself and not the elbow joint. In this case, the cramps simply mean that the triceps are being stressed more than they are currently used to. They will pass in time.

To help alleviate the cramping, stretch the triceps after each set. This is most easily accomplished by placing the upper arm behind the head with your hand in the general vicinity of the middle of your upper back and then pulling down and sideways on your bent elbow. Hold for ten seconds and then release. Repeat on the other arm.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach and kbryk! I already heard you talking about cramps in your L-sit article, but wasn't sure this was it, because the cramps disappear in less then 5 seconds! Thanks!

Thanks George for your response on the forearm pain, I will rest weighted and normal pull-ups for a while. :( Can I still do light pulling work like horizontal rows and levers?

Greets Danny.

Edward Smith

Try it and if you suffer anymore pain give it a rest for a couple of days to a week and see how it feel thens.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
Dillon Castro

coach, i have this problem too, but in my quadriceps. does that mean quad weakness, inflexibility, or something else to that effect?

Dillon, you got it. Your quads are not used to being subjected to that tightness and load for a period of time.