Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 GB Mallorca Seminar (Early Announcement)

Coach Sommer

David Picó García
Shall we organize another GB Mallorca Seminar for this coming Fall?

For sure!!! Now we have months to convince our wives :P, and our kids would be older (so less problem with wives :mrgreen: ).

Now that we have time it would be nice to do it in september or so because is still good weather to swim at the beach (not only for northern/strong guys :roll: )

Alvaro Antolinez

I think we should try! :D We'll have to ask mr. Mir about the gym,if it is not possible there is another option, last day David and I were talking to Alfredo who is one of the main coaches of our club who also attended the last seminar( with Juan and Luis). He said that if Pedro is not able to offer the main facilities we could try at our club ( it is located at a temporary facility because a tornado destroyed the main one!!!)

It Is not so well equiped but It has 3 high bars a rope( a bit short)that they added after the seminar after the recomendations of our coach!, mushroom, stallbars(lots!), parallel bars (2), pomel horse(with a bucket!), tumbling track ( once the main one is rebuild it is supossed to have first class facilities very similar to the last seminar's). Is doesn't have foam pit or elastic beds as it the placeit is located never was intended to be a gym. Maybe David could take some pics next week( I will not be training there till march) so coach could give his aproval in case we are not able to book the last seminar gym. Of course as David said we will be fully ready to organice the 2nd european GB seminar!!!( september is a great month if agendas allow it)

YES!!! And if it's in Mallorca in September I might even be able to convince my girlfriend to come along (not to the Seminar in all likelihood, but to Mallorca - yes).

David Picó García

Well, i'll take some pictures of the gym. Is actually not as fancy (concrete ceiling) as the other but is fully equipped (exceptions as Omegant said the foam pool and the elastic beds) it has much more stall bars (at least 30), has three rings (one of the official ones, you know) one adjustable and one low ring (and of course one of Coach ones), pommel horses, 3 parallel bars.... So the facility would not be the problem if one is not available we have another one. Anyway perhaps we should open another thread to not mix with Ido seminar :D

And again if Mallorca doesn't work......

........there is always Helsinki, i just need to know in enough time.

Even Copenhagen, Denmark could be a possibillity - I asked the faculty of Gefon Gymnastics last time there was talk about an European seminar and they seemed quite interested and the rent would be free since it's a public facility. I'll be in Aalborg by then, though, so that'd be even more ideal - you've all seen the facilities from Razz's videos :D

Any chance of it being before September please? Otherwise I'll be chained to a desk at school by my mother :|

Given my competitive responsibilities to my high level athletes, late September is the earliest that I would be available for a GB European Seminar.

However it there is sufficient interest, perhaps two different GB European Seminars in different locations could be combined into the same trip.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

If everything works out as supposed to (examinations this summer), I will definitely be interested in attending too. When it comes to the location, Aalborg would be nice, as I will probably be living there too next year :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I would also be interested. Coach, do you have any ideas on specific dates? I'm trying to organize my summer and don't want to miss the seminar!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would also be interested. Coach, do you have any ideas on specific dates? I'm trying to organize my summer and don't want to miss the seminar!

Thanks in advance.

I am also curious about possible dates for the seminar. My girlfriend has to start planning her activities for the rest of the year at work (including days she wants to take off for vacation). We are planning to travel through Africa for three weeks and right now it looks like we will leave on the 6th of September which would mean that personally, I'd rather see the Seminar take place in the first week of October instead of 'late September'.

David Picó García

I can't remember exactly but i think october / november we have full access to our gymnastics facility at Mallorca ( the same of last year), and that around that date i think is also ok for Coach competitions. So if everything goes well any of those months would be ok. I don't know but perhaps Omegant has more information, he is more in touch with Coach about this subject.

Hope everything goes well because it was a wonderfull experience that i would like to repeat. :D

Michael Traynor

Aww but then we will miss the sun again and all of the softies won't come swimming with me, Dillon, Allan and Christian.

Beach WOD ftw!