Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much weight can you dips as extra weight ?

ashita

Everything is in the title.

How much weight can you dips as extra weight ?

Please, tell me also the harder pushing exercice you can do, of course specify your bodyweight.

Random example : i can do 3 planche push up on parralel bar, and i can dips an extra weight of 170 lbs at a weight of 145 lbs....

Thanks in advance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Razz

• Joshua Naterman

• ashita

• Eddie Stelling

David Picó García

I can only do a few dips with 65 lbs at 140 lbs bodyweight. No planches at all (well just tucked :oops: ).

It's nice to see how much stronger one can get in an exercise where i thought i was strong :cry:

Thanks for your contribution.

I want to see the link between the harder exercice performed and the max weight pushed on dips.

Compared to what i can do.

Because if someone can do a maltese push to planche which is more harder than i'm currently able to do, he probably can push at least 250 lbs for the minimum.

I will show how much i can do in my next video wich come in a month or a bit more.

Maltese push to planche does not really involve the triceps which is the main mover in dips. Of course chest and front delt will still be insanely strong from maltese work.

If you look up Steven Low's youtube I think he dipped with 190+ extra @ a BW of 130ish. However, there is a guy on youtube he did something in the 200s.

Joshua Naterman

That's pretty crazy. I never went over 60% of my BW because it was inconvenient to stack up that many 45's when everyone else on the ship was trying to work out too. Best I've done was 50 dips with maybe 120 lbs or so, but those were just dips to parallel and they were fast. Right now I don't even know, I haven't done any serious pressing work for over a year because of my shoulder, so I am much weaker in those muscles than I used to be. Once I have all this stuff fixed I should get pretty strong again.

A couple years ago when I actually did weighted dips for a couple of cycles I remember doing 110 at 165 at the same time I could do 5 handstand pushups on bars (feet on the wall) and hold a tuck planche. Now, no idea I imagine it to be quite a bit weaker since my focus is almost completely on straight arm work and I don't work the planche anymore either. Best I've seen in person was a 180 guy doing a dip with 250 lbs. for one, this was obviously a max. Best I've heard about was on an olympic weightlifting site of a guy a 200 guy doing it with 435 lbs. - Marvin Eder.

Maltese push to planche does not really involve the triceps which is the main mover in dips. Of course chest and front delt will still be insanely strong from maltese work.

Shoulder work a lot anyway on dips !

And maltese to planche , need some crazy shoulder strength, maybe 'im wrong.

This is why i told that, compared to what i can do, the only thing is harder than i'm able to do is those kind of stuff on ring.....

Currently i'm able to dips over than 220 lbs as extra weight at a BW of 157 lbs and the harder pushing exercice i can do it's probably planche push up on ring, because i cant do a full maltese to full planche , but from a bent arm maltese, no problem.

So when i'll able to do those movement, i'll push a lot of more on dips.....

maybe 'im wrong , just trying to understand.

Yes Ashita it will most likely help your dips as chest and front delt is also involved, but if your triceps is your weak link it'd probably help your dips more to focus on some bent arm pushing. Or victorian :mrgreen:

Better to do on fixed bars/PB.

Btw, Steve told me that realistically going for a 1rm weighted dip is probably not a good idea. Pulling maybe more so but dipping or bench pressing 1rm are dangerous to yourself besides the chance of injury.

Alessandro Mainente

my max extra weigth was 52 kg one month ago...now i think is not sensated increase the extra weigth...1 rep full ROM

Haha :P Won't be as much weight as you for sure though!

:wink:

I'm waiting your performance, whatever less or more than me, just to make the difference between your harder pushing exercice, and the weight pushed on dips.

I did 35kg today without problems but then gave up on adding more weight as I was alone and we don't have a dip belt or anything that might come in handy. My hardest pushing exercise is probably 3-5 reps of XR bulgarian HSPU. Bodyweight ~72kg