Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

handstand challenge (Bar-Barians)

palmcron

That looks like a pretty clean HS i'm sure that you can build up the time no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow! That's all I can say. Very nice. Have you got your shoulders all the way open by the way? I can't see it clearly from this angle( but I think you got :) ) How long does it take for you to make it all the way open? I'm just asking because I reckon most of the forum members are curious how long does it take for a beginner to make it to this level with their shoulders.

In this thread, there's an older video of my handstand taken from the side:http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1320&p=7746#p7746.

I believe it got better in the meantime :)

It took me several years to get to a balanced handstand. Most of the time I practiced by doing handstands and trying to push my shoulders more open while in the handstand (freestanding, rarely practiced against the wall) and often asking someone to give me feedback about my shoulder and body-position while I'm in a handstand, so I can try to correct.

In the beginning of my handstand-training I didn't know GB or many exercises for shoulder mobility, but I had done some years of intensive Ashtanga-Yoga, so I guess much of my shoulder-flexibility and mobility comes from that or was just there naturally.

As Ido once wrote, the line is something you will (and should!) always work on :)