Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have anyone used this?

Guest Vinstorr

Guest Vinstorr

Hi everyone, today I was on YouTube and I saw a video clip about Universal Strength Apparatus (USA). I like the climbing idea and immediate resistance so one can train both Strength & Power on it. 2 pieces can be connected together to climb. It's kinda cool and I'm thinking to buy one in the future (when I have money). Does anyone have this? Is it solid or easy to break? If I buy it, will I still be able to do all the exercises in Coach Sommer's books in the future?

usa6bd5.th.jpg

usa7td7.th.jpgusa9ey4.th.jpg

If you don't have rings get those first, and once you have that look into a large rope which will do the same thing as that, I love the Bodyweight Culture site and support it but I believe this is sort of a gimmick.

Guest Vinstorr

Thanks for your answer. I don't have rings yet. I do basic exercises at home with no equipment. :D

This quote was awesome:

RomalianType (2 months ago)

So basically, if I had a rope, I could do anything. Fantastic.

I think the idea of climbing the ladder might be kinda fun, but how I would hang it first would be a problem. Probably easier to do with a rope.

I would stick with a rope and a set of rings, if you become a good climber everything in life seems easier. :wink:

Guest Vinstorr

I thought about ropes and rings before I considered the Universal Strength Apparatus.

1) With rings, I can't climb.

2) With 2" Manila ropes, I can do several ring movements but not all.

3) With Universal Strength Apparatus, it's a blend, I can do most/all ring and rope exercises.

=> My goal is not really 100% ring gymnastics or rope climbing. So this round, Universal Strength Apparatus wins.

1) Two 2" Manila ropes probably are the most expensive between the three

2) Universal Strength Apparatus is in mid-range

3) Coach Sommer's rings are lowest

=> If I buy rings, I need to buy ropes as well in order to do all the exercises that I like and vice versa. Therefore, it's gonna cost me more. Universal Strength Apparatus wins again.

1) Two 2" Manila ropes are heavy and not convenient to bring them anywhere

2) If I remember correctly, Universal Strength Apparatus is about 5lbs

3) Rings are the lightest, 2-3lbs

=> Rings win for the first time.

1) Ropes + Rings activate more stabilizers muscles

2) USA activate less stabilizers muscles

=> Rings + Ropes win.

1) With Ropes + USA, I can change exercise and resistance immediately

2) With Rings, I have to adjust the straps

=> USA wins. Even though I can change to another exercise and resistance with ropes, there will be a grip problem for some exercises (such as HSPU...). Therefore I can't train those on ropes.

What do you guys think? Is there anything that I miss?

Buying a pair of rings, in my opinion, is your best investment, not even with consideration to cost.

In the end the decision is yours and what you want for yourself. I'll tell you from my experience that rings are easily the most versatile piece of equipment I've EVER purchased.

Kettlebells being a solid second.

On the note of having limited equipment and exercising out of home, all I use are pullup bar w/ rings, kettlebells, and paralettes. total cost of about 200 bucks. and I feel that equipment will be useful for many years to come.