Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GHR - A Bodyweight Leg Curl

Coach Sommer

Nicholas Sortino
300 ok that's allot better than the listed price, sounds like a good deal.

For the natural GHRs the floor is much more realistic., You could just hook your ankles under your barbell if you can secure it from rolling, that and some thick foam for the knees of course.

Yeah, I believe they actually have the price set at $330, last I checked. I didn't even think of using my barbell! That is a great idea, I got some KBs to it stable. And the abmat should work under the knees until I find something more suitable

$1,599.00 is what it says on the link you gave, that's what has me wondering!

In one of Steve Maxwell's videos he has his son using kettlebell handles to hold his ankles for Natural GHRs now that's hardcore!

Nicholas Sortino
$1,599.00 is what it says on the link you gave, that's what has me wondering!

In one of Steve Maxwell's videos he has his son using kettlebell handles to hold his ankles for Natural GHRs now that's hardcore!

Check it again. It says list price 1,599, our price: 329.99. Not that it really matters, since I am not selling it, but they are a reliable company for anyone who needs equipment. I prefer rogue for most stuff though (Who I got most of my equipment from).

Joshua Naterman
Nick that is one heck of a contraption! Did you buy that or did it somehow come your way.

I bought it. I work out in my "garage," so i figured $300 was something I could afford for a place to do squats, bench, dip and GHD situps. Especially considering most GHDs cost cost over $500 by themselves.

Slizz - One of my next plans is to build some stahl bars. So I suppose I can just find a piece of foam and do them with that. I would like to be able to do the bend at the waist part though, so maybe it would be worth it to build some flat pads... hmmm.

If you're going to make stall bars and lag them into the wall, just build a box and pad it, then you're good to go! That is actually a part of my modular design for these that I will be putting into my gym when open up. I've got what I think are some pretty slick ideas, but they'll have to be tested in the real world before I know for sure. The way I see it they can be made to double as boxes for box jumps and depth jumps as well, complete with adjustable height and minimal footprint.

Edit: The barbell is a good idea. I didn't think about blocking the weights so that it wouldn't roll so I didn't mention it. Duh!!! Rolled up shirts or pants work well for that, and so do rolled up cheap-o yoga mats. Wood chocks tend to slide.