Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche, Front lever, Ab wheel and Oachin goals!

Gokudmc1988

Hi currently these are my 4 goals.

1)Planche

2)Front Lever

3)One arm pullup

4)Ab wheel from straight legs

Currently I have been working these 3 times a week for 3 weeks now.

My ab wheel is progressing nicely but I am a little stuck with the others.

For the planche I use parallettes and am currently at the tuck planche position. I hold it for 15seconds for 4 reps. I also do planche pushups with legs held on a chair.

The front lever is progressing but very very slowly. I am currently in this level as the picture and am holding for 20seconds for 3 reps. I also do Tuck Front Lever Pullups for about 8x3

http://www.dragondoor.com/imag.....Justin.jpg

My one arm pullup is frozen lol. But I am not dedicating lost of time to it though. I just do isometrics twice a week for it, by trying to force myself up from the beginning position and holding for 8 seconds.

Any help, routines, exercises and tips are greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

"Goku", those are all great goals to have your site on.

personally i think you could train four times a week as long as your not over doing it.

firstly for the planche just keep pluggin away, withe push ups your hands should be near your waist and you should be trying to lift your feet of the chair (you dont have to be able to actually lift them off just trying your best to), just wanted to make sure you trying do that.

with the front lever i couldnt see the picture it said it had been removed, but like the planche just keep plugging away if ab strength is a limiting factor then one great exercise is dragon flags (just look it up on google and dragon door) these will help with the lever and the ab wheel (and vice versa for the ab wheel).

finally with the OAC the lever will help with that, so will the dead hangs your doing and doing one arm comedowns are great as well (do a regular chin/pullup and come down with one arm controlled and slowly as possible)

you've only been going for three weeks strength takes time every now and again maybe about halfway through in a cycle (a cycle is when you make your reps higher or more sets) just change things up do some completely different exercises or different variations of the exercises your doing just to have a little fun and stop yourself becoming bored.

your planches could be a little flatter and it looks like your really pushing it you could lower the reps (hold time) and increase the sets.

with the OAC it seems like you were trying to actually jump up and do a OAC rather than dead hangs, i suggest including one arm comedowns like i said.

with the front lever are you doing straddle front lever? anyway just enjoy it, and it's at the point where you can really use it as a conditioning skill.

with the ab roll outs and dragon flags, well firstly the ab roll out was that backpack with weights? and i think you coul do it on your feet rather than your knees or with your feet on the 'wheel' (if you have a skateboard you can put your knees on).

Ed Xmith

You front lever is going very well, better than mine although I haven't really trained for it, front lever and dragon flag almost go hand in hand, for the dragon flag it is going pretty well you still need more core strength, do some v-sits with ankle weights, try some candle sticks, hollows position holds, arch or super man position holds. Start off with 1x4 for each skill; each set should have around 10 second holds, that is just for starters to see how you hold out in these positions if they come easier for you kick up the time, or throw on some ankle weights.

Heres a few examples of the candle stick, hollow and arch position.

Arch:http://drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=arch.jpg

Candle Stick:http://drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=candlestick.jpg

Hollow:http://drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=hollow.jpg

As for the planche always remember to lock your elbows, and your hips should be shoulder height, try some shoulder pushups(pushups where your hands are at your waist when you get low to the floor) try these also with you feet up on something so they are shoulder height, the more you lean forward the harder they get, try to center most of you weight towards your shoulders.

As for one arm chinups you are doing pretty well, if you do have weights try some let downs, do some weighted "baseball" grip pullups. I have never really tried this skill so I don't have much advice.

Ed X has some pretty good advice also, I've never tried the skateboard thing but it sounds nifty.

OKay heres my tuck planche training. I am holding this for 10seconds to 15seconds max any other exercises?

I will be training this only 2 times a week. Do you think this is enough?

heres the link

I would also incorporate some dynamic strength, not only static, also remember to keep your hips at shoulder height, I know its hard to see when your doing it by yourself just try to get it level. 3 days a week wouldn't hurt, try to incorporate some pseudo-planche pushups.