Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a few questions about training plan

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

i want to show you my training plane in order to get some critiques and tips to increase the utility of the training..

i usually train 5 days a week, 3 days with GB program, 2 days i try breakdance's powermoves...

i train as follows Mond, frid, saturday with GB, and tuest and thurs breaking...i usually rest on wendsday and sunday

BG days:

there are:

-warm up that includes shoulder conditioning and bicep tendon conditioning, wrists conditioning, general warm up for pecs, back, and arms, FBP works (with static hold progression or embedded progression that i found on the coach's book)

-GB WOD

- rings works

Breaking days:

-warm up is the same as the GB days plus a great warm up for the legs)

-20 minutes x skill (including airflair, flair, elbowairflare ecc)

-stretch for splits, panchake, hips, back, wrist ecc with PNF isometrich tecnique

...my question is

-i have to do the conditionin for shoulder and bicep tendons everydays (generally for bicep i use PL leans with swissball, german hang, chin up) (for the shoulders i use the exercise of IDO on youtube) ? because they don't take to me only a few minutes...

-the separate rings work that i do in the GB days must be concerned with the WOD? for example if WOD is pulling, the rings work must be composed with pull movements? if is not in this way, what is the best solution? how do i choose the correct exercises?

i usually perform exercise with the aim of increase a transition in rings routine, for example kip to support or MU to handstand ecc..

So what is the best way to plan a rings works?

thanks for the answer

-The shoulder prehab you can do before every workout.

-As long as the bicep tendon stuff is not more than what you're doing now, I don't see a problem with that either.

-On your GB days if you want to work additional ring stuff I would do it before the actual WOD (in the warmup). It can be pulling/pushing whatever, but don't destroy yourself doing this.

-When it is a ring day like a ring strength WOD, do X amount of ring series and then X amount of static holds afterwards.

-I would add in more active flexibility if you're only doing passive.

Alessandro Mainente

i'm talking about this, because is only a problem of time...with the correct rest i do every GB day about 2 hours of training...is not a problem of tiredness...

for the active flexibility i do it in the warm up...i usually split it: for the upper body on GB days and upper body + lower body in the breaking day + on sunday...

one problem can be the FBP, a gymnast of the gym where i go 2 times a week, uses the embedded program (i think he had read the GB book and applied to the training) and he told me that his strentgh is gained more faster...

for PL he use a progression o 6-8 weeks, but the exercise he uses are more expencive in terms of strength because i've tried them in first person whit thw correct PL variation (for example lower from headstand and lower PL variation)...

i don't know if this method may impact on the training, accordingly with this i don't know what is the best to use!

if you read the book you mean of what i'm talking about...