Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first 1 arm presses to handstand

Mikael Kristiansen

Mikael Kristiansen

Here is a video of me training in circus school in Stockholm. The last 2 years I have worked around the clock to manage 1 arm press to handstand, and I am finally getting there! It has been an eeeeeendless grind to build the power, technique and flexibility to become able to do it. Still I need to use a 1.5-2 kg weight(depending on my strength) in my free arm to get up from the bottom of the 1 arm stradlle L. It was the same process with the one where I glide up the cane, where I also used a counterweight which I gradually lowered. I expect another 6 months until I can press from straddle L without weight consistently several times per training. Pressing out from the pike will be the next goal.

The training has mostly consisted of a lot of negatives down to straddle L. I could do a slow, controlled descent with 2.5kg on each ankle a month before I got up even with counterweight because of the insane power it takes to get out of the bottom part. As I am in school, I have basically trained this almost 7 days a week, staying within 3-5 QUALITY reps per day, to be able to keep the frequency. Preserverance is key, since I actually have had consistent progress almost every week for 2 years and still I have ways to go.

I will have a longer video up by tomorrow, need to finish editing, but here is at least the PRESS! =)

ycO86vVOB10

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Here is a video of me training in circus school in Stockholm. The last 2 years I have worked around the clock to manage 1 arm press to handstand, and I am finally getting there! It has been an eeeeeendless grind to build the power, technique and flexibility to become able to do it. Still I need to use a 1.5-2 kg weight(depending on my strength) in my free arm to get up from the bottom of the 1 arm stradlle L. It was the same process with the one where I glide up the cane, where I also used a counterweight which I gradually lowered. I expect another 6 months until I can press from straddle L without weight consistently several times per training. Pressing out from the pike will be the next goal.

The training has mostly consisted of a lot of negatives down to straddle L. I could do a slow, controlled descent with 2.5kg on each ankle a month before I got up even with counterweight because of the insane power it takes to get out of the bottom part. As I am in school, I have basically trained this almost 7 days a week, staying within 3-5 QUALITY reps per day, to be able to keep the frequency. Preserverance is key, since I actually have had consistent progress almost every week for 2 years and still I have ways to go.

I will have a longer video up by tomorrow, need to finish editing, but here is at least the PRESS! =)

ycO86vVOB10

DUDE... AWESOME! :shock:

Archbishop o balance

That is awesome, Mikael! Congrats :D

Give me a notice if you're going home for Christmas. If you're interested, I would love to meet up and train a bit =)

-Oliver-

• 4 weeks later...
yuri marmerstein

haha I'm nowhere near a one arm press, though i will come out with a video near the end of the month hopefully.

it was actually handbalancer who pushed me in the right direction to start taking hand balancing seriously.