Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche on rings

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

after got the straddle planche on the floor without problem i started to master it on the rings...is very difficult...fortunately doing the planche on floor with hands turned out helps me a lot of..

thi is the flat tuck planche, i can't hold it more than10-12 sec...but i strarted try it about 1 week ago

thanks for tips or critique

Alessandro Mainente
Nice, possibly try to round your shoulders more like "mad cat" in yoga.

thank you...but sorry i don't know what you are talking about...do you mean roll forward or backward?

WKs2KIzvbAo

However, in a planche your head position will be normal and you won't be looking towards your belly button. Neutral or slightly forward/forward.

Alessandro Mainente
WKs2KIzvbAo

However, in a planche your head position will be normal and you won't be looking towards your belly button. Neutral or slightly forward/forward.

ok now i have understand..

Alessandro Mainente

i have another simple question...i want to master the full front lever and the full planche, for these 2 skill i see that in the Btgb book coach sommer had recommended to perform planche pushups and fl (tuck or straddle) pulls...

Whereas i'm training 3-4 times a week...usually 3, how i can combine static holds with pulls/pushup?try them always on the 3 days or alternatively? (for example mond and friday static and wendsday push/pull)

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Alessandro Mainente

is possible in your opinion develop a correct muscle up without swing or kip (from dead hang) in 2 months and half?

Alessandro Mainente

yes but i'm talking about a people who starts from zero 3 months ago...only with wod, he trains with me...yes he use my experience and he doesen't do my same errors in some situations..

Eddie Stelling

I definitely think that is possible. Work it from a bent arm first like you are at a half pullup, it's easier to stay in a false grip. And I would also teach them to kip first as well and then work gradually toward the deadhang.

For start training planche on rings I would advice mastering a 8-10 secs straddle on floor.

Also, I would suggest training the levers before planche, they help with front and back shoulder balance.

If you follow all of this (which basically is coach sommer progression), you will get planche on rings slower, but in the end it will be alot better :)

Ok, well lets say he can do 10 dips and 10 pullups then he could probably get it in 1 month if he focused on that move. With less 3 months still sounds doable!

Mathias Flækøy

What?

Less than 1 month? I have been following the WODs for some months now, and I can't do it! And I was able to do 14 Pullups, and even more dips.

Should I add some extra workouts?

David Picó García

For a muscle up you just need to do one pull up and one dip. Pull up until armpits and a very deep dip. If you have so many pullups and dips, strength is not the problem, is just technic, think of moving your elbows explosively to the ceiling at the high position of the pull up. For the firsts muscle ups i wouldnt worry about kipping a bit. When you can do one work on negatives for getting strong at the transition and start to do the muscle up controlling the kip allowing it to the minimum.

Alessandro Mainente

in one month i thnk is possible if you work only on muscleup...if after some months you cannot do it try to see my video of the trainsition and you will get it....

Razz...my friend who started to train with me 2 months and half ago is not able to do more than 3-4 pullup and of course no 10dips ROM...

he train 2 times a week (sometimes only one) and he has a insane natural strong false grip, he can hold it in an inverted hang for more than 1-2 minutes without problem...

he works to get a chin up more low than the sternum without kip or swing, works on dips (full ROM), and he follows what i said on my video...now he can do 1 rep of MU everytime he want (maybe to do 5-6 in a row he has to work more...) but i remember that the first MU was at least 1 month ago (i think he was lucky)...so was only 1 month and 1-2 week that he followed the gym bod moethods

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

Alex87. Everybody is different, strength-and otherwise, so I am not sure this will help your friend much. However, I have stopped doing multiple pull-ups and dips. Instead (to get a good controlled MU and get stronger for climbing), I do (3x1; 2 times per week) a very slow pull-up and dip negative + positive (15 to 20 sec down followed by 15-20 sec up). Because, in my case, the transition is the weak link, I have spent most of my time on the transition (as discussed under "digital coaching"). All with very good results.

I taught a friend how to MU in one workout.

He's quite strong (can do pullups and dips for reps, can hold HS) but he didnt try rings until that day.

What makes the differences is (like everyone already wrote)

- having a good false grip

- doing slow negatives

- working only on transition (and correct shifting of the weight during the movement from behind to front, using every shoulder, pecs and back muscles you can)

That, and building up to it. I have one now, but when I started my body wasn't nearly ready for the amount of stress it puts on your elbows.