Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The close to impossible : crazy move

ashita

Joshua Slocum
I guess, for someone to get closer to CTI than the guy on the video, they need to do a lot of hardcore ring training for years. 

Extensive ring training is likely to be extremely counterproductive.  A full CTI would require about as much arm strength as a cross to support the elbow joint, but beyond that any additional strength would likely hurt rather than help due to increased muscle mass. The main limiting factor for the CTI is grip and wrist strength. 

Extensive ring training is likely to be extremely counterproductive.  A full CTI would require about as much arm strength as a cross to support the elbow joint, but beyond that any additional strength would likely hurt rather than help due to increased muscle mass. The main limiting factor for the CTI is grip and wrist strength. 

Well, then I would that CTI is a little bit useless. It doesn't build neither ultimate strength of upper body, neither balance, or power. It's just a trick. But an impressive one.

Because in the end, training the wrist is less productive than training for other strength elements. The muscles are too small, and you will have to spend years of training. And hardcore stress on the wrists can be achieved in something like Maltese on the wrists( don't think it's safe though)

http://youtu.be/r-MNvZvqim0?t=32s

Jordi Van Gelder

Have you guys noticied that little bounce he does holding the cti? I think this move cannot be performed for the center of mass. I tried that move in the water, and failed, the feet just go forward. If you cannot perform a move in the water then its impossible.

My opinion, a fake, but don't know how they did it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are not twins. It's the same guy.  So how can he hold flag more than minute, and stand nearby talking at the same time  :) ??  This is his comment on YouTube:  â€œI use a student version of Adobe Premeire - it's a fairly simple edit. Camera on tripod, film twice, cut each frame in half, stick em together ;-)â€

I'm not saying that this video of CTI is fake; I'm just saying that you can't trust any video that you see.

Sory for my bad English.

Also, you're mixing units. Torque is not force. Units of torque measure mass*distance/time^2, whereas unites of force measure mass/time^2. Torque is a measure of how strongly something is being rotated, and force is a measure of how strongly something is being pushed.

I would just like to correct this, as per Newton's second law, F = ma or Force is equal to mass * acceleration, which gives it the unit of [kg*m/s²] or Newton. Whereas torque has a unit of [kg*(m/s)²] or Newton Meter, which would give it mass * length of lever ² * angular acceleration (that has a unit of [rad/s²]). Or Force x length of lever (vector product).

• Upvote 1

Let them wait bro. :)

Sometimes believing in the impossible or near-impossible can inspire and nurture creative thinking and an open mind. It can help people push their own boundaries.

A wise man once said: Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.

• 1 month later...
irongymnast

But in the end, I would choose Victorian Cross as the ultimate strength goal not CTI. It's real, it's very rare, and if you train for it, you will get the ultimate upper body strength.

err.. what is a Victorian Cross? Are you referring to the "Victorian" move on the rings?

err.. what is a Victorian Cross? Are you referring to the "Victorian" move on the rings?

I think some people refer to it as victorian cross, yes.

irongymnast

Because a "true" Victorian cross would be very cti. I am imagining it as an L-sit but rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise and with arms exactly placed as in the iron cross.  :D

Joshua Naterman

CTI is never coming. So stop waiting

HAHAHA!!! You liked your own post :)

Agreed, CTI is nonsense as a static position.

Back to F1 and HS1...

Klaudius Petrulis

HAHAHA!!! You liked your own post :)

Agreed, CTI is nonsense as a static position.

Back to F1 and HS1...

Dream killer :( :( :(

Joshua Naterman

Lol :) There's a difference between dreams that are actually possible and drug-induced fantasies of altering the laws of physics :P

• Upvote 1

Klaudius Petrulis

I'll prove you wrong on this one Mr. Naterman, even if I have to get bionic arms. :P

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

Lol :) There's a difference between dreams that are actually possible and drug-induced fantasies of altering the laws of physics :P

There is nothing physically impossible about performing the CTI.

Unless you're constrained to using unmodified human wrists and fingers. Which for the moment, we all are. 

• Upvote 3

Joshua Naterman

Hahaha! Well, cybernetics would certainly have the potential to change the impossibility factor :)

Joshua Naterman

As shown in that video? Yes.

If the center of mass is actually under the hands? Of course not, that's a front lever variation. I haven't even seen this though.

If you can take some videos of people holding the position for several seconds  (like 2-3 seconds of unchanging position) and broadcast them live, I'll take it back.

I've seen momentary holds, which is just the change in momentum from up to down, after pulling up with a straight arm kip-type movement, but I have yet to see one legitimate HOLD.

If there were multiple people doing this, I think at least one of them would have their accomplishments on a competition setting, with a complex moving background of people, which would be extremely hard to fake (compared to the video that is the topic of recent discussion).

Alessandro Mainente

he is pushing with one foot against the pole...

• Upvote 1

• Coach Sommer locked this topic