Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tuck Planche Problems.

Onyx Dragon

Onyx Dragon

I've tried a Tuck Planche and can't get my feet off the ground.

Should I do a Straight Arm Frog Stand?

Also the taller you are the more difficult it has to be to do the planche. Is that true?

With a Straddle Planche can your straddle ever be too wide?Like Splits wide.

Here is what I did to Coach Sommers planche progression for me.

Bent Arm Frog Stand

One Legged Frog Stand (Only if you can't do a straight arm frog stand)

Straight Arm Frog Stand

Tuck Planche

Advanced Tuck Planche

One Legged Advance Tuck Planche (If Straddle is too difficult after the 60sec)

Straddle Planche

The pushups go in their just as Coach Sommers had them before I just didn't wanna type it.

This may not be for everyone but I'm using it.

This also might take longer than Coach's Progression but to me I'm making a smoother transition to the next stage.

Can you do the frog stand? Do not be afraid to step down from what you THINK you can accomplish to what you can actually do...

start at something manageable and work from there, it will make your progress that much more rapid then to try to begin from something that is currently beyond your abilities.

and to answer your question, height has an effect, but for you, or for anyone else, it makes NO difference. with any progression it is YOUR journey and effort that makes results happen, "tall" people have gotten the planche, do not waste your time trying to find excuses why you can't do it in your first try, much less your hundredth.

The best advice i've gotten for fitness, and life in general is: you can spend forever trying to learn "how" and it still wont be as fast as just doing it.

good luck

George Launchbury

Hi Onyx Dragon,

Further to JaredLLL's post, get someone to take a picture of you in your frog stand ...what people often think is hips level with shoulders is quite likely not, and it makes a BIG difference!! One of my friends could manage a frog stand for almost 60 sec, but when the hip/shoulder height was adjusted, he was back down to around 8 sec - and we were both quite surprised by the difference it makes.

As has been discussed a number of times in the past, if one can't hold a position in correctly for at least 10 seconds (max effort, and therefore training 5 seconds per set), you should be training an easier variation.

The best advice i've gotten for fitness, and life in general is: you can spend forever trying to learn "how" and it still wont be as fast as just doing it.

Good advice: Don't be paralysed by perfection - planning is not doing! :wink:

Regards,

George.

Coach Sommer

George's advice is excellent. It is always better to drop down to an easier variation if there is the slightest doubt that you are not yet ready for the one you are attempting. It can be difficult, but setting the ego aside can pay large dividends in the long run. Patience and persistence are the keys to success here.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Yes, very close. Keep working on getting the arms straighter and bringing the knees around until they are pressing on the back of the arms rather than pressed into the sides.

Nice work and don't worry about asking questions; it is truly the only way to develop a deep understanding. I would not be where I am today, if over the years I had not asked far more than my share of questions :D.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I have some problem with tuck planche.

I feel that my right hand work more then left hand.

In right hand i feel more burning sense then in my left hand and also in wrist. Arms are straight and hips are higher than shoulder. So any help?

I do 10 sets of 6 sec (it's more than 6 sec but it's quality) 4-5 days a week.

Onyx Dragon

I had that problem too.

But I just leaned over to the weak side a little and found my body was balanced.

Like weight was distributed on both sides.

The burning in your hand could mean things.

1. your body does not have equalibrium

2. One hand is stronger than the other if your left handed.

3. theirs a chance your arm isn't as straight as the other arm giving it less work.