Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One Finger OAC

Michael Traynor

Michael Traynor

Ok so this video has been around a while and most of you have probably seen it loads of times before. This is very very impressive, Full ROM one finger OAC and 1 finger FL and FL Rows, i'm not trying to take anything away from the athlete...my question is, the claim the video's editor makes at the end, that these pulling exercises are much harder than and Inverted IC...that can't be right can it? I have no idea (hence my asking) but feel like the inverted IC must be harder. Perhaps fewer people can do the single finger OACs because fewer people train this skill but that doesn't mean they are harder...

AEpfVy_if6U

Taken separately oac's and front levers aren't anywhere near as difficult as an inverted iron cross, but I think it might be debatable if you compare that sequenced as a whole. Doing One arm chins from a real dead hang and getting your chin all the way over the bar, or ring, is very difficult. Combine that with the fact that the guy does 4 oac's with only one finger and then moves on to do quite a lengthy front lever with fl pull-ups included. It's a seriously impressive display of strength. That being said, I have neither a one arm chin-up a front lever or an inverted iron cross, so can't really speak with any kind of authority.

I don't know if the guy in the video has anything to do with that claim. His youtube channel is "ableteam," and his clips are uploaded to that channel. The saltocafe upload was done separately, and they added the inverted cross comment. Considering that, who knows how legitimate the uploader was

Just to discuss the inv cross comparison, there are far more inverted crosses than one finger OACs from a full hang.. Btw anyone knows how Cisco is progressing on the victorian?

Talking about one finger OAC I stumbled upon this video recently:

Pretty sick strength consider he no small guy. Any OAC is impressive in my eyes, but the more you weight the more impressive it is.

In my opinion the single finger trick just adds flair to the skill, it doesn't actually make the pull harder. Climbers like this feat because climbing requires a tremendous amount of finger strength. Weather your opinions is that multiple oac harder or easier than the IC is just that an opinion. Oac difficulty ranges from anywhere where people think its as easy as a front lever, to people saying multiple ones are harder than an Iron cross.

Most gymnasts who can do multiple oac though do seem to also have the iron cross as well. But I doubt there will ever be an agreement on the difficulty of the skill. In the end it just doesn't really matter what someone who uploaded the video thinks about the difficulty of this, and Cisco doesn't seem to be the type of guy to make such claims himself.

And anyone who writes only 1 in so many can do this is an idiot in my book already because the numbers were clearly just pulled out of thin air. Even if they weren't (they are) it wouldn't prove anything, if you wanted some hard numbers you'd find out how many people out of those that train the OAC can do this, that would show you where you rank. And to put things into perspective most who dedicate their training to the oac usually peak at 6-7 oac.