Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Preliminary GB Tee Shirt Design

Coach Sommer

I really like that graphic on the back, and red, green, and black happen to be my favorite colors for shirts. I just tend to prefer shirts that go easy on the text

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Razz

• Joshua Naterman

• Cole Dano

• Michael Miskelly

Daniel Mitchell

My thought would be is instead of the background currently there is to have faded silhouettes of different harder skills -

Like the manna, a handstand either on rings or not, a human flag, a planche, and have them all intertwining and overlapping(maybe) in the background with the Iron Cross/Laural wreath in the solid color as the center along with the text,

Either that or a thought that just came to mind is in the background you could have a ring routine sequence as the background for the IC.

Anyway that's my thoughts as an alternative for the floral/tribal design.

Spyman

My thought would be is instead of the background currently there is to have faded silhouettes of different harder skills -

Like the manna, a handstand either on rings or not, a human flag, a planche, and have them all intertwining and overlapping(maybe) in the background with the Iron Cross/Laural wreath in the solid color as the center along with the text,

Either that or a thought that just came to mind is in the background you could have a ring routine sequence as the background for the IC.

Anyway that's my thoughts as an alternative for the floral/tribal design.

Spyman

That would be a great addition, and could compliment a tribal design well. I'm assuming you're thinking a technique like this?

J4CT21.JPG

Now, if you replaced the wolf with a gymnast silhouette doing a manna here, and add a GB catchphrase on back (e.g. Gymnastic Bodies: All Muscle, No Iron , this would be the most kick-butt shirt I could imagine.

full_moon_silhouette_t_shirt.jpg

If Coach had a particular picture or two he liked, it'd be rather simple to play with it on a shirt design as silhouette, faded, and so forth.

Michael Miskelly

Thought I might try help out here because a picture speaks a thousand words. I'm an architecture student and pretty handy at photoshop so I put some of the more common themes on this thread on a quick photoshop edit. I have shown a gymnast doing the iron cross from the gymnasticbodies sign on the front, think it would be pretty cool to have fundemental FSP's being done from the gymnasticbodies text. Like a figure doing a manna or planche on top of the gymnastic text or front/back lever from rings hanging below the text similar to the way I have done.

Hopefully i'm not stepping on anybodies toes by doing this, if so I will take it back off. Credit to the original creator for images just to cover myself :wink:

Clipboard01.jpg

That's pretty nice, i like how you added the IC to the front without it feeling too busy.

I'm liking this more because it's less busy, but it still needs work IMO. Choice of font for one. And I personally would want the image only in the back. I don't see the need for repetition especially if there is no variation. I wouldn't even mind if the cross image was larger so long as it's tucked away in the back. That gives me the opportunity to show it off if I don't care (wearing shirt only). If I'm a little more conservative, I can wear a zip hoodie or something and hid the large image. I think that offers a lot of flexibility for the needs of the user.

Assuming I get most my school work done today, I'll work up something on photoshop. I got a couple of years experience in graphic design (amateur not professional carrier).

Michael Miskelly
Love it mic! Except the color :mrgreen:

I only chose the red one because it was going to be the quickest to edit, didn't want to spend time changing the shirt colour because it would take a more time! I can do other colours if people want them but I wanted to get the WOD done so I just did a quick mock up today :)

Your design is good, mic, but could you add more wolves? And maybe a moon

A wolf doing an Iron cross! :lol: I did use coreathlete's idea of the silhouette for the front so credit goes to him for sparking the idea.

Joshua Naterman

What about an inverted cross or a planche for that front pic? I agree that doubling up on the IC is not the best.

Michael Miskelly

I can do it if you would like, as I have said this was so people could see what they had suggested in picture form. In my profession we have to draw pictures because some people aren't great at visualising in their head, therefore I thought it would be a benefit to be able to see a pictorial representation of your written words. I will post another with a planche if I can find a suitable picture to make a silhouette from.

Planche symbol added, not a very good one but you get the idea!

GBteePL.jpg

Coach, do you have a logo, or signature font of some sort? From what I understand, there is little marketing that has been done of the Gymnastic Bodies name, besides word-of-mouth. But if that is one day to change, have you considered a permanent visual feature representing GB?

But wolves couldn't do any of the gymnastics moves. Werewolves could. No we don't need wolves or a moon or 3 wolves and one moon. Let's not go there though it is amusing.

I do like the new design a lot more. I'm not sold on it, but it's a step in the right direction. No red. Though I like red shirts like my flash and cpt marvel shirt.

Nicholas Sortino
But wolves couldn't do any of the gymnastics moves. Werewolves could. No we don't need wolves or a moon or 3 wolves and one moon. Let's not go there though it is amusing.

I do like the new design a lot more. I'm not sold on it, but it's a step in the right direction. No red. Though I like red shirts like my flash and cpt marvel shirt.

But as you can see by my profile pic, Basset Hounds can in fact do gymnastics. I would go so far as to say that guy is better than 90% of the forum.

On topic, I think the planche would be cooler on the rings hanging from the logo, but that is just cause rings look really cool.

I think a picture of a gymnast with a 3d-like picture rather than just face on would look better.

So from diagonal front. Invert cross better than Cross.

Michael Miskelly

I have more time tomorrow so I will do it in a different colour (either of the colours coach put up on the original) and add rings to the planche. If I can find a workable Inverted cross pic I will put that on a tee too.

Sorry, Coach, I really dislike the tribal design. The Olde English text and the tribal design really make it look like a knock-off of Affliction and other MMA shirt brands for wannabe tough guys.

However, I do like the base colors and I really like the gymnast doing an iron cross between the leaves. I'd like to see "the science of Gymnastic Strength Training™" in a different font and also capitalized where appropriate. "The Science of Gymnastics Strength Training" just looks much more hard-hitting.

Oh yeah, and for what it's worth, that gymnast doing an iron cross between the leaves is BADASS.

Michael Miskelly

Ok for those people looking for an Inverted cross pic to be added I have done so, this was the best I could find. Ignore the fact that the t-shirt is grey rather than black, it just looked better this way! I have a large logo and a small one so you can compare the two because I know some people were looking for a larger logo. Front text can be changed too if anyone has a suggestion.

AllINVC.jpg

HOLY SMOKES MIC!!!!

I really like the large inverted cross on the front.

I also like iron cross logo on the back, but I have a slight inclination to think that two crosses may be redundant, even though they are not technically the same.

I don't know.

Even still, at this point however I am in a mode to the buy the shirt you have presented here.

I also like your new logos!

Great job! For my tastes, we are getting very close!!!

Wow :shock: I really love the large Inverted Cross! (Although from here it looks like the image is a bit blurred/not very good quality, Just hope it is the site, not the picture) Looks like the shirt is really coming along! Although I would have to agree that 2 crosses is slightly redundant (Although its not "That" Big of a problem) Maybe a Maltese or Planche?

Love it :D It can only get better from now on

The NewGuy who is slightly worried that his above comment is wrong :P:)

Melzta, I really love your design. If it's your original, then I'm all the more impressed.

Let's assume for a second that we choose this as the Tshirt logo. Is Coach okay with that? I don't mean whether he likes the logo or not, but rather if he is okay with the fact that this logo is likely the first representative logo of the Gymnastic Bodies name.

This is important to consider. Especially if we look long term and consider what GB will be 5 or 10 years from now. Will Coach want a different and more permanent logo later? If so, then what we choose today can severely impact the acceptance of that design of the future, since GB will already be branded with today's image.

Coach, your thoughts, and opinion on this matter is of vital importance.

Jan Michael Atienza

I'd prefer something like meizta's as well, in terms of look and feel. The old english font seems a little dated. The IC is something universally recognized, the manna may not be and those unfamiliar might not understand the image.

Meizta i'm loving that! Nice clean, stylish, classy, and it won't me feel the need to arm bar my students.

edit: but random's points are 100% valid, a logo is actually somewhat of a big deal.

Whatever happens, its really great just seeing all the ideas folks are throwing out, even the wolf and moon. Of course its Coach Sommer's prerogative if he chooses to use anything here, but i think Coach himself understood the storm gate of diverse ideas he brought on with making this public.

Michael Miskelly

Meitza, I too like your logo. More the first than the second, it just seems cleaner with no fuss. It all depends on whether coach wants a logo or a t-shirt design. To me your logo would be perfect as a brand logo like for webpage, new books, clothes etc. kind of like the nike tick is, but using it would need to be applied across the board which is a big decision for a company to make. That is why I was trying to just change the design on the front without changing what coach had put in the preliminary design too much, (apart from the tribal thing). We really could do with some sort of official word on this before the thread ends up full of t-shirt's and logo's. Probably my fault for starting to mess on photoshop :wink:

@Newguy - yeh it does look blurred but that was my fault, just went too heavy on the blur tool!