Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Body Position For HS Push Ups?

jamesters

Yes you must strive for perfect position. You arch because your balance is off. When you lower in for the pushups your shoulders must come forward slightly. Your body must also be in a straight position so as your shoulders come forward your legs go back and you end in an angled position at the bottom. I can use the keyboard to give you an example. Start in handstand * l * lower straight body shoulders slightly forward into this position * \ * push back to handstand * l *

I hope that makes sense.

Nic Scheelings

Jamesters

I personally find it much easier to maintain a hollow position on p-bars/paralletes (still prob far from perfect) as i find it much easier to achieve the positions Dillon described due to the greater control in hs on p-bars. See how you go on them.

Even though its from behind you can see what Dillon is talking about here.

QD5nerikSGw

Joshua Naterman

It is hard to keep body position, you work the shoulders much harder when you're properly hollow since the chest can not help out.

• 1 month later...

Most beginners have relatively weak shoulders and will often instinctively attempt to arch heavily during HeSPU as this allows them to use more of the chest rather than the shoulders to complete the press. This is incorrect. Always train HeSPU and HSPU with a straight hollow body.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer