Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maltese Pushups

Philip Chubb

I'm not sure these would be defined as "basic strength" but has anyone ever seen maltese pushups? Planche pushups are pretty awesome so I am guessing maltese pushups would be extreme. By the way I don't mean a regular push up with arms wide. I mean a pushup while in a maltese.

I'm not sure if these would be possible of floor Because you would have to shift your hand position as you go up and down, and that would require ALOT of strength. On rings it might be possible, though but VERY hard :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't they in the book? Think they're one of the ring push-up progressions towards planche push-ups. Though your feet at supported at the top of ROM and you just try to lift your feet up a little when you're at the bottom of the ROM. I believe they're called pseudo maltese pushups plus (PMP plus).

Nicholas Sortino

At the Seminar we did Maltese Push Ups on a pommel horse that were similar to Germans (hands wider and on the horse instead of the pommels). I am sure some people took video, hopefully they will post it, as it is hard to explain.

You have to consider that in push ups, both in regular or in a planche, everything is above the elbows and wrists(head, shoulders, hips), And when you bend your arms you just reduce the distance. In a maltese everything is in line. (I hope I'm explaining my self properly) If you were to bend your arms while in a perfect maltese, the only thing that would happen is that your wrist would come closer to your body. Of course they can be done on floor, cause you just cant perform a perfect maltese on the floor, you can't get between your hands.

I highly recommend maltese push ups for building shoulder strength.

Joshua