Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to Strengthen Ligaments?

Seiji

Extremely fast calf raises, extremely fast biceps curls with just your arms or perhaps VERY light weights, ballistic lat pulldowns (will probably get you kicked out of the gym) or similar set up at home (probably better), anything on the impulse trainer, extremely fast ballistic full GHR or NLC (these won't be full range, just a series of bounces near the top/mid part of the ROM), anything else in that vein. A high quality vibration plate can also be used for this kind of thing, though that is somewhat different.

You have to be careful to not have too much load, the reason this works without causing injury is because the high forces are produced during amortization only. It is split second and should still be within tolerance of the tendon.

************ Where would these be on the WOD continuim ? Thank you in advance.

Brandon Green

Joshua Naterman

This kind of thing would be part of dynamic strength days. For the light stuff you need to be doing a little bit in warm ups every workout day and for rehab every single day unless otherwise instructed by a licensed therapist.

• 1 year later...
FREDERIC DUPONT
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, if you drop in unannounced I won't have much for anyone to eat besides curry/jerk chicken and kefir!

Seriously, that's pretty awesome. :lol:

After learning how so many things work and how various industries developed I actually get really upset at how we get sold such crap all the time. Most things can be made at home with fairly little effort for almost free. I mean... did you know everyone in Colonial times had hot water on demand? You know how they did it? Black iron water tanks on the roof. Yea, I'm serious. Why are we paying so much for electric/gas water heaters?!?!

Don't even get me started on the on-demand hot water heaters... (etc...)

Your PM box is either full or blocked Joshua - This is an awesome post & I wanted to discuss it further.

I used to own factories in China; I closed them down in 2007, but I still have access to Engineers, industrialists, and capital that could be put to good use for the several of the projects you mentioned.

I am personally more interested in the geothermic gaz turbines you mentioned, because they could be used in Africa and other places to produce free energy (Free excess energy available = clean water and food), than other commercial ventures.
Yet, I am not adverse to these either, and if you would like to discuss how one or several of these projects could be put to manufacturing, I'll make myself available for you.

All the best & happy new year
Fred

FREDERIC DUPONT
2013 BREAKING NEWS HEADLINE

Gymnasticbodies ends hunger throughout the world.

[offtopic]

I know you say this in jest Joey, because it seems daunting, out of reach & impossible to you...

But the facts are: (1) there is enough food for all, it is just not at the right place... therefore, (2) it is a distribution and logistics problem... where arguably, (3) borders and whom is guarding them are the main culprits...

A global boundaryless community like Bymnasticbodies has a role to play...

[/offtopic]

• 8 months later...

Figured I'd bump this thread, mostly because I'm curious if Joshua did any further experimenting/research with the ARPwave (homemade or otherwise) and if so, what kind of results he got.