Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wall planche

twan

I've been training planche for a while now and I tried wall planche push ups like the video of Jsiajah(my planche training) on youtube. The problem is I can't seem to get into the full planche position against the wall. At a certain point i just start falling forwards. I was wondering if I don't have the strength yet or if I'm doing something wrong, because I can do the pseudo push ups (3 x 20) but seem to be nowhere near wall planche push ups.

hairConditioning

the progression of jesiajah may work for him, but not for everyone!

he said he could hold an advanced tuck planche the first time he tried it and thats not the norm.

the other thing is maybe you do your pseudos wrong! you have to lean forward, MORE FORWARD, A LOT MORE ... i didnt see anyone on youtube, besides jesiajah, who did the pseudos right! ;) your forarm have to be more horizontal instead of vertical (the angle between your ellbow have to be a lot bigger than 90°). i hate pseudos, they dont make fun.

you can work with weights: close dumbell benchpress with ellbows near your hips, lying dumbell frontraise (backleever - maltese - planche) and of course tuckplanche/advanced tuck planches (after you can hold 30sec or longer you can do tuckplanche/advanced tuck planche pushups for sure)!

after you have your straddle planche you could work the eccentric part of the pushup and so on ...

pseudos are not the only whay to develop the strength you need for planches!

edit: and the wall planches are A LOT harder than the pseudo planche pushups, maybe you should be able to hold a straddle planche for some seconds with straight arms before you can do a wall planche pushup ;)

Guest Chiflado

Seems like I've heard that that guy who did the "my planche training" vid is a bit of a mutant and was into bodybuilding 'fore he started planche training. So he started out strong (I assume since he could hold the advaced tuck without practice) and has good genetics probably.