Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My front lever progression

ashita

I think you should try to work up to some weighted one arm body levers, those could help alot at least with the bent-arm one arm front lever.

@ alexX : Yeah i will do with the half lay and focus on perfect form , but i'll keep doing the full also , i think its the best way to improve it.

I did like this for the front lever , once i could hold the FL a few second , the first hold i did FULL and then one leg , i improved a lot on it like this.

Maybe some weighted Front tuck lever pull up.

About the OAP/OAC , no i didnt yet train them seriously but i can do almost them fro ma dead hang ,like 90 %.

@ iyaites : Ok i will give to them a try.

i'll let you know how i progress on it.

have fun

Yeah i just started training those too (one arm body levers), im just at advanced tuck right now for 4 reps lol but my goal is to eventually do 10 with some light ankleweights

Tyler Phillips

Definitely a nice FL ashita. I'm jealous, as I'm working on holding the advanced tuck variation static. Of course that's on rings and I've had better progress on a bar the last time I tried it. Either way, like they said as long as you work on looking up at the sky, and thus keeping the upper back flat, that should look great I'd imagine.

Here's a crazy variation I heard about from a gymnastics coach. We were talking about rock climbing strength, and the amazing grip strength it can yield. He told me the most impressive thing he had seen in terms of grip strength involved a man who essentially pinched a front lever - that is, he was grabbing onto some kind of wooden board and actually pinched it between his thumb and fingers kept together, or something close to that, as opposed to gripping it normally. It's a "friend of a friend" story, but the thought of that is pretty crazy. :P

Definitely a nice FL ashita. I'm jealous, as I'm working on holding the advanced tuck variation static. Of course that's on rings and I've had better progress on a bar the last time I tried it. Either way, like they said as long as you work on looking up at the sky, and thus keeping the upper back flat, that should look great I'd imagine.

Here's a crazy variation I heard about from a gymnastics coach. We were talking about rock climbing strength, and the amazing grip strength it can yield. He told me the most impressive thing he had seen in terms of grip strength involved a man who essentially pinched a front lever - that is, he was grabbing onto some kind of wooden board and actually pinched it between his thumb and fingers kept together, or something close to that, as opposed to gripping it normally. It's a "friend of a friend" story, but the thought of that is pretty crazy. :P

Hehe yea impressive, how about doing that one arm though :shock: John Gill was able to do a one arm chin on a raftor using pinch grip. That is really imrpessive, at least to me. Oh and a front lever on raftors is insane as well. Of course it's only his word about the feat but few people would say that John Gill is a liar in terms of what he accomplished in body weight feats.

Wow that FL with the fingertips

i would like to try it but no equipment or place to try it :(

I'm able already to hold with one finger on each hand , pretty proud of it but thats just the beginning :twisted:

Eddie Stelling

Ashita, what on Earth did you do to get such a strong front lever? You just recently started doing the WODs correct? Where you following the SSC or did you do something else? I can't seemed to get anywhere with my front lever progressions.

Mikael Kristiansen

I just thought I would comment on the 1 arm front lever question. I have seen 2 types of 1 arm front levers. You have the ones which you see john gill do, which are twisted outwards from the arm, but you also have the one they do in aerial straps which is slightly twisted inwards instead. Most often you see it done in a split, obviously because it is murderously difficult.

This guy does it around 50 sec in the clip: 1pDrxkIXxxU

This guy also does it at around 2.40 78D70aoGUKw

The way to work for this version is basically by releasing from a meathook position(the piked hang, where the legs are sideways) where you straddle and straighten out. I have seen a picture of it done with legs together with excellent form by some russian straps artist, but never in a video. Getting very strong at pulling into the meathook position using only 1 arm also helps, since the stabilization of the shoulder happens in a twisted, and hence, a little different position than the 2 arm lever.

Im not sure if this is the one you are working towards, but you should give it a try since your 2 arm lever is super strong =)

Ashita, what on Earth did you do to get such a strong front lever? You just recently started doing the WODs correct? Where you following the SSC or did you do something else? I can't seemed to get anywhere with my front lever progressions.

Nop i began WOD last week lol this is notthe reason ^^

I began to do a lot of dragon flag with static hold on the lower position like i am in a FL , and i hold it like 10 sec , this a few time during my set of dragon flag.

it helped me a lot really !

otherwise i just followed the progression on the FL at the same time that the PL with a lot of other training...

Actually is pretty hard to tell you what i did for it because i did a lot of different training but MY fl has begun to increase a lot when i started to do the dragon flag , v-up with weight ...., focused more seriously on my core strength.

hey hey !

i recorded a video this morning , FL pull up with 2 fingers !

Pretty glad about it , i didnt think i could do it as good as did.

Nice!

Sir you have a fantastically strong back, you practically eclipse the screen when you turn around.

Joshua Naterman

That second video has a nearly perfect one arm back lever. Holy cow!!! That's nuts! I did not know that was possible.

Ashita, your planche is very impressive as well. Way to go brother! What other exercises besides coach's planche progression did you work?

I work everything actually but the only progression i followed is the FL and PL.

The other move i never followed a strict progression.

I do a lot of handstand variation, planche 90 degree push up , muscle up , human flag , planche push up.....

one arm pull up is almost done :)

And i love fingertips , try to do all the hardest move in a fingertips variation (1,2,3 fingers...)

I try to do everything but its hard to train for all at the same time.