Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My front lever progression

ashita

Here my new record of 12 sec on the front lever in video

i did almost 14 sec this morning but not recorded so ..... but i recorded a two finger front lever

Please read information about the video before comment ^^

How long time can you hold the FL everyone ? and what crazy variation can you do ?

two finger , one arm ? one finger lol

Nicholas Sortino

Nice, that is a pretty good looking FL from where I sit. I can hold a full lay for all of about 1sec. I am mostly working 1 leg ones now (my straddle is too pathetic to actually make it any easier, lol).

anybody here can hold the front lever :shock:

I think Gregor might...I dunno. Probably too busy working on his victorian

Looking good Ashita!

There were a number of guys at the seminar who were holding it, can't say how long.

Its not something so far off like maybe an IC. I'm not there yet but am seeing steady gains and am confident it will come as i continue with the program, i believe its a skill within anyones grasp with persistence.

How's the BL coming?

@ Mr brady : yeah i train hard for the FL.

i wanted to do video of a back lever but as you can see on the powertower is pretty bad and it is dangerous to hold it until i cannot hold the bar because there is some metal under it where i could take it in my face. :shock:

I have to go outside , once the rain will stop i will do it.

@ Razz : thanks for your response , dragon flag are really helpfull as exercice to increase your skill for the FL.

good luck

Neal Winkler

I mean what have you done in the past. Are you a bodybuilder who is now training gymnastics? Have you been a gymnast for 10 years? Did you do powerlifting, ect. ect.

It would be aesthetically more pleasing to see your head in a neutral position.

You mean i watch the roof ? yeah i know i have to work on this but its really weird , you dont know where you are really in space when you look to the sky but yeah you are right , i will work on this because actually it is not perfect yet cause of this lack.

I mean what have you done in the past. Are you a bodybuilder who is now training gymnastics? Have you been a gymnast for 10 years? Did you do powerlifting, ect. ect.

I started in october 2007 by weightlifting , did only 2 month and i stopped because i didnt like it so much , didnt had fun with it.

So i began to train with bodyweight exercice since december 2007 with the basic exercice ; pull up , dips , push up with a lot of different variation , ROM ...

Then around april 2008 i began to practise barhitting seriously : check this video to see what is barhitting :arrow:

Then i make more and more gymnastic training to learn hard move like planche , front lever , iron cross and all ... as the killroy70 routine but i keep doing barhitting at the same time.

So for me i only did calisthenic , both month of weightlifting was nothing .....

hope you enjoy to know more about me now :)

hey guys , i broke my record on the FL

A while during the hold i remember what RandomHavoc told me about my head , so i began to look to the roof....

I need to work on it

The last week i did 12 sec but wasnt my max i could do better.

Today i broke my record by doing 18 sec , i have gone until my legs shake and my back was in fire !!

Im working on have a perfect form where i look to the sky but i need some work again on it.

Pretty glad of this hold , soon i'll can hold it 20 sec !!!

I'm not showing off at the beginning of the video , i felt the music through my body , concentrate , set up my mind for the set to have the most strength as i can.

It is into motivate me for the set that's all.

here is the video :arrow:

Alexander Moreen

It's a very good hold, but there are some major issues with your form. First your upper back is rounded a bit from letting your shoulders be forward, bring your shoulders back. Then you let your lower back arch like your doing a dragon flag, you need to stay hollow like a body lever. And you also are a few degrees high of horizontal, lower down a bit more.

Congratulations nonetheless though, 18 seconds is a very good hold.

yeah man i know the form isnt totally perfect but its like 98 % of perfect.

thanks for the advice , i will do this the next time .

hey guys

i tried to do a one arm assisted (hold the wrist of a hand) on ring today , pretty hard especially to get the balance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_WYRMtidos

What exercice can i do to help me to increase my strength for the one arm lever .?

here a two finger FL on ring ^^

the one arm is really hard but funny to do , is pretty cool :twisted:

I am not sure that the assisted (the way you do it) will help towards a one arm front lever. The one arm front lever is not quite a front lever, you have to turn your body sideways in order to achieve the position (this makes the shoulder angle and pressure applied similar to that of an iron cross instead of the front lever). Perhaps even working on the iron cross first would help with one arm front lever but this is mere speculation on my part although the two people that I know to have achieved a one arm front lever both had iron crosses before supporting my hypothesis.

Out of the few people that have attained it they said to have a strong front lever first. Then work on letting one arm go while bending your legs and leaning to one side. People like John Gill got it without every training it by simply working on advanced rope climbing.

Good luck with your goal.

Thanks man for the advices !!

yeah rope climbing seem like a great thing to build a huge amount of strenght.

climbers are tremendously strongs.

Didn't see that video one but the guy, Marcus, is a very strong puller. His front lever in, another video, is one of the best I've ever seen. That's a world record for amount not for time though. Still cool but the old competitions use to be who could get up the rope the fastest, it is still alive in Czech Republic

8 meter rope in under 6 seconds :shock: The cool thing is most guy who do this can easily do multiple one arm chins and hold very strong front levers without training for it specifically.

The cool thing is most guy who do this can easily do multiple one arm chins and hold very strong front levers without training for it specifically.

yeah i have already seen this video of that guy climbing really fast , it is really impressive.

You know what ?

I need a rope climbing lol , these guy are tremendously strongs !

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys !

im still working on my front lever pull up but i'm pretty glad of them right now

I think it is one of the hardest pull up wich exists.

here you go

any advice ? what exercice maybe i can do to improve them?

thks

hey guys !

im still working on my front lever pull up but i'm pretty glad of them right now

I think it is one of the hardest pull up wich exists.

here you go

any advice ? what exercice maybe i can do to improve them?

thks

Doing them in an easier variation like a half lay with emphasis on better technique (no piking, shoulders a bit more back) would definitely improve them. Could be the side angle but it looks like you really let your shoulders slump forward, I am not familiar with proper gymnastic technique but the best front levers I've seen the shoulders were neutral.

I am a big fan of pulling exercises, this and the one arm chinup are two of my favorites as pulling strength feats. So congrats on achieving such an awesome feat. Do you train the one arm chinup?

Really looking forward to working up to them myself.