Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AG walks

Philip Papandrea

Philip Papandrea

Hi all,

I tried these in the WOD today and i'm just not getting anywhere(literally). Just getting into the position and keeping my hips elevated causes tremendous cramps in my triceps. When I try to move, my hips start sagging and i don't move very far. I'm doing these on a wood floor with cardboard. Is there an easier substitute for this move? The only thing I could think of doing was stay in place and shift my weight from hand to hand. My triceps were burning after this. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

• Upvote 1

I tried these in the WOD today and i'm just not getting anywhere(literally). Just getting into the position and keeping my hips elevated causes tremendous cramps in my triceps. When I try to move, my hips start sagging and i don't move very far. I'm doing these on a wood floor with cardboard. Is there an easier substitute for this move? ...

If the Ag Walks are currently too demanding, Crab Walks would be an excellent substitution. To perform a Crab Walk begin from the Ag Walk position in the video and then bend your legs until your feet are directly under your knees. Another key item to focus on during the Crab Walks is to elevate your hips until they are level with your shoulders; although this may be a struggle at first.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Phillip, a carpet square would work well on wood floor.

The first version of ag walks I teach is with the feet going forward and the hands pushing away from the feet. It's like a pushup position in reverse.

Philip Papandrea

I will try the carpet when I'm ready to progress. I tried the crab walks today and they will be a challenging but very doable substitution for the AG walks especially when the hips are elevated. When I let the hips sag they were way too easy.When I elevated the hips I really felt the same muscles work as in the start position of the AG walks but I could actually move around now. Thanks for the suggestions.

• 4 years later...

do we need some resistance? i made wooden square with 4 wheels in every corner. only floor i have is 100y old. nothing sliding on it :) it looks like small hills everywhere from cleaning with brush from past.

i made wooden square with 4 wheels in every corner.

Holy smokes, 16 wheels? That thing should be able to take some punishment!  ;)  :D

• Upvote 2

Kate Abernethy

:)

Be prepared for some very dirty hands. I think I should use a duster cloth and clean as I go.

• Upvote 1