Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many HSPU FREESTANDING can you do ?

ashita

Hey everybody !

Like the title say , i want to know how many HSPU FREESTANDING with legs straight and full ROM ( nose touch ground or almost) on ground(on hand) can you do ?

I just want to know where my skill is compared to everyone.

Of course if you have any video it would be better :)

Thanks in advance

Thanks all have answered .

eh good demus nice .

anyone can do more 20 reps ??

my last record was 15 on ground , and almost 5 on p.bars .

i thought there were some people could do easily more 10 or even 20 ! :shock:

Steve Low can probably do about a dozen on PB. Sometimes he stops in, not so much anymore as he is pretty busy.

On floor, earlier this year I was still good for a half dozen from HeS>HS. Haven't tried in a long time due to laying off upper body.

not sure as of right now, but when i was 15 or so I had a contest with my team mates and did 12 on p-bars (don't remmeber how good my form was though)

Alessandro Mainente

in the freehandstand position before injury the bicep tendon i did 14-15 reps...i don't have the pbars so i don't know how many i could do on pbars..........my shoulders and triceps are very strong and i think that most part of the energy is used to maintain the equilibrium....in a hastand with stomach to the wall , the feet slightly supported by the wall and the hands elevated about 10 cm on the floor (in this way you go more down like the parallets) i can do more than 28-30 reps...so i think that the difference is that in freehadstand i use more more more more energy to maintain the body up in the air...

is absurd what coach sommer says in his book..."Coach Mako Sakamoto (former 1960s US national Champ and personal coach

of Olympic Gold Medalist Peter Vidmar) set his record of 163 consecutive (full range of motion, free balancing on the parallel bars) handstand pushups when he was 50 years old".....i'm only at 14-15 reps..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

"Coach Mako Sakamoto (former 1960s US national Champ and personal coach

of Olympic Gold Medalist Peter Vidmar) set his record of 163 consecutive (full range of motion, free balancing on the parallel bars) handstand pushups when he was 50 years old".....i'm only at 14-15 reps..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

so you got 35 years again to train hard and beat him lol

be patient ,the guy before did that score he train the double or even more of time you did in your life lol

Alessandro Mainente
"Coach Mako Sakamoto (former 1960s US national Champ and personal coach

so you got 35 years again to train hard and beat him lol

be patient ,the guy before did that score he train the double or even more of time you did in your life lol

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

i broke my last record by 1 rep but anyway i broke it !

here is the video

like you can see at the sixth rep , i lsot the balance and it took me some energy for nothing to get ti back ....

i hope to do 20 soon !

Just got 3 on PB within the last few weeks! Not sure on the floor. The range of motion isn't the problem for me, the balance at the top is the hard part.

Jonathan Nasman

Wow, this is pretty incredible. I can about a dozen or more against the wall but I've only done one freestanding and that was a touching my head, not nose. I haven't tried touching the nose, I will have to give that a shot!

keep it up ORTprod , im waiting for new video from you :twisted:

Thanks Speedy :)

I just updated my training log in these forums with the videos and I will try to continue to do so. I am working on the freestanding rings handstand on separate sessions, currently, while I improve my numbers in the dynamic movement of the HSPU on my HSPU/pullup day.

I am just getting to the point in my handstand practice where I feel comfortable playing with a few small negatives and push back to full extension in the freestanding handstand. I'm sure it's just a couple of inches and if I video'd it I would probably laugh at myself for how small a movement it really is but it feels like a lot! I am fairly secure with the negative and then bent elbow hold but the temptation to shoot back up to vertical in the push is just too much, so, of course, I set myself off balance. It's just a patience thing and I need to learn to go slowly back up to maintain my balance. It's coming...

keep it up ORTprod , im waiting for new video from you :twisted:

Thanks Speedy :)

I just updated my training log in these forums with the videos and I will try to continue to do so. I am working on the freestanding rings handstand on separate sessions, currently, while I improve my numbers in the dynamic movement of the HSPU on my HSPU/pullup day.

Well , cant wait so your progress on the ring!

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I have just been doing them with a wall and on top of books for a bigger ROM and only doing 5 x 5.

But freestanding I have done 10 , nose to the floor and 15 with a wall.

However how many Diamond HSPUS can anyone do?

I have managed two DHSPUS before (freestanding) when I was breakdancing, I'll get a video when I can.

I have also done 3 clap HPSUS freestanding.. These were both with nose to the floor. Pretty proud of that shit aha.

And about that 5o year old... holy shit.