Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

static hold day?

Ortprod

Hey guys and girls,

I was wondering about your thoughts on maybe trying a "static hold day".

Here is what I am thinking:

planche progression (frog stand or tuck)

front lever (advanced tuck)

back lever (1 leg out or full)

handstand (wall)

all done for 1 minute in 15 second intervals. Is this too much? I know it takes a lot out of me to do 4 sets of 15 seconds on any of these. Does anyone think it might be good to do like 3 sets of 15 seconds? 2 sets with even better form?

I would like to work these 1 day a week at least. My primary focus is front levers right now but I hate to lose my form on the other ones. Again, I still do L-sits but I find they take so much out of me at this point so I am wondering if 1 day of L-sits is something to consider and maybe concentrate on my other skills for a bit.

Thanks!

I have two different kinds of workouts. The one is a mainly dynamic workout, the other one is mainly static. So in my opinion this is a good idea.

I shouldn't just do it for 15 seconds, I think you should listen to your body. You shouldn't come anywhere near failure. So maybe keep adding sets of 50% of your max effort till you reach 60 seconds?

I am not an expert, but I am sure George or someone else can inform you about this!

Greets, Danni.

Actually right now I generally have a static day and a dynamic day. My static day generally consists of/or handstand hold, planche variant, front lever variant ( no rings and I don't want to do it on my power tower ), L sit or straddled L sit, hollow or arch hold, bottom of the pistol, forced arched releve.

Well you get the picture. Basically I will either work per time interval or rounds.

I will say static days like eccentrics or negatives can make me more sore than the dynamic work days. Sometimes I will do a smaller portion of statics and then the dynamics or mix and match ( i.e. L for 15, 10 dips, 10 PU, 10 pistols, hollow rock/hold, leg lifts, whatever. Generally 3-6 exercises for rounds or time/interval ).

Thanks guys! I agree about not going to failure. I had done that for too long and then stayed away for a while. It creeps up on me every so often because I sometimes feel like I am not doing enough.

Right now, one way I regulate it is by counting in my head instead of actual seconds, haha. I know this is kinda cheating but I think it works as far as the principals of listening to your body. Of course for a test I would use a clock.