Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB European Seminar - interested?

Razz

Sweet I was hoping I could knock out a little training after the seminar :P (although it seems like people were complaining about something called 'Dillon torture' so who knows I may not be physically able to :mrgreen: )

HAHA I'm gonna come home with 5 hours of video of 2 spanish people :P ..going to book hotel today!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mats Trane

• Razz

• Alvaro Antolinez

• Cole Dano

A question to Coach Sommer or perhaps moderator Dillon or anyone else 'in the know': now that the 1st GB European Seminar will definitely take place, how long should we wait before organizing a second European Seminar?

Joshua Naterman
Sweet I was hoping I could knock out a little training after the seminar :P (although it seems like people were complaining about something called 'Dillon torture' so who knows I may not be physically able to :mrgreen: )

HAHA I'm gonna come home with 5 hours of video of 2 spanish people :P ..going to book hotel today!

Hahaha, Dillon torture... good times. Coach kept him from killing us, thankfully!

Alvaro Antolinez

It is simply impossible because there is only highway to leave the airport :( ( if not it would be a 25 min walk from the airport, maybe only 15.) public buss os only 2 euros and bus stop is really close . Reserve you walking to the beach! (wet and sandy WOD maybe?) :twisted:

Haha alrighty I'll grab the bus :P man is there gonna be hot spanish chicks at the beach? Because that would just fulfill my trip :mrgreen:

Alvaro Antolinez

Well november is not the best month for bikini chicks here ;). Usually infront of that hotel there are some beachvoley poles. But don't worry there are some pubs and discos not far from there( also Palma has good party zone) that is if Dillon dont completely destroys our daily stamina! :mrgreen:

Michael Traynor

Am I able to book the hotel at the special price through the internet? On their website there are options to enter a promo code

but i don't think this counts, didn't want to go ahead and book at the more expensive price and wish I had waited.

p.s. my first passport arrived yesterday in plenty of time and my flights are now booked :)

Alvaro Antolinez

The price should be the special one directly on their web (84 euros single room all three days), when booking write at coments that you are booking for the gymnastics seminar as they blocked some rooms for us, there is not discount code. If you have any trouble pm me and I'll check monday with them. But dont wait too much because I can not asure you that price for ever!

Nicholas Sortino

I am trying to book the hotel now, the page after I input my personal info (not credit card stuff) wont load :(

Edit: Done :) Flights are booked too. I can't wait to fly out there. I think this will be a great experience all around. Learn some gymnastics and experience a foreign country without a rifle, lol.

Airplane tickets booked, now just have to make a reservation at the hotel :D

Hi Razz what airline and times are you flying?

Michael Traynor

CDX are you getting flight number IB0764 connection from Madrid to PMI? Departing 17:05 and arriving 18:20 on the Thursday?

I have a feeling a few of us might end up on that flight and that's the one i'll be on.

:)

Nicholas Sortino

I'll be flying into PMI @ 10:55am on the 18th. Anyone gonna be around then. It would be great to be able to meet someone early, since I don't have a clue and speak about 5 words in spanish (or any other language for that matter!)

Alvaro Antolinez

I recomend sleeping at least to 3 pm to acomodate the time zone ( not much more or it will be the oposite effect) then join razz and cdx. We are making a google map with indications and stuff worth seeing in Palma( also madrid just in case you have time)

As a veteran of well over 100 transatlantic or transpacific longhaul flights I highly recommend the following to acclimate to time zones:

Ambien (or some variant thereof)

That's it.

Get on the plane, pop your ambien, put in your earplugs and eyeshades and sleep the entire time. Ignore the food and all other offerings till landing. You will still be whacked somewhat but better than nothing. I cannot stress the ambien enough. This is especially true if you want to be fresh to athletically perform when you arrive in Europe.

What you do once you get there is up to you. I think that a short 1-2 hour nap once you arrive is not a bad idea but no longer than that. You should remain awake the rest of the day and eat and go to sleep at normal times. Happily, the spaniards like to eat late, very late and go to bed late which helps for quick trips from the states.

I'm arriving 17.30 on the 18th, if anyone is arriving around the same time we can travel to the hotel together :)

Ì´m arriving at 16.50 from Zurich flight Lx2150, I could wait untill you arrive. What flightnr are you on?

Sorry guys, I'm sad to inform you I wont be able to attend GB seminar in Mallorca this November. I'm compeeting last 3 world cups in this season and one is at the same time as it is seminar.

Damn man! I was really hoping to see you there, but of course the competitions are more important! Best of luck in your competitions :D