Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB European Seminar - interested?

Razz

Alvaro Antolinez

It is important that if you buy a ticket with low connection times (specially at Barcelona or Madrid) be sure to have some flights later, just in case there is a delay they can send you in the next flight. That fare is really good! :D .

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mats Trane

• Razz

• Alvaro Antolinez

• Cole Dano

Good news, my friends. Registrations for the GB Mallorca Seminar have reached the minimum necessary and the seminar is now confirmed to take place as scheduled November 19-21, 2010.

See you in Spain!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

YES!!!! You guys did it!

That is AWESOME! GB is going international! This is the best news I have heard in a while, congratulations!!!

Good news for those heading to Palma. As I mentioned for those in the states if they are interested I'll help them find a cheap airfare. They will book the ticket themselves on Orbitz.com, I just have a few tricks to help lower the fare. Here's a couple of examples:

Norfolk - Palma

Total Airfare $430.00

Airfare taxes and fees $149.89

Total trip cost $579.89 USD

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

United Airlines 8074 * Embraer RJ145 * 1hr 15min

Depart: 3:00pm afternoon Norfolk, VA Norfolk International (ORF) 2+ stops

Arrive: 4:15pm afternoon Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 15min

United Airlines 4963 * Airbus A330 * 7hr 50min

Depart: 5:30pm evening Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Arrive: 7:20am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Change Airline. Time between flights: 2hr 20min

Spanair 5614 * Airbus A320 * 1hr 15min

Depart: 9:40am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Arrive: 10:55am morning Palma Mallorca, Spain Palma Mallorca Palma Mallorca (PMI)

Monday, November 22, 2010 Flight 2

United Airlines 9509 Operated by: SPANAIR -- JK 5631 * Airbus A320 * 1hr 20min

Depart: 7:25am morning Palma Mallorca, Spain Palma Mallorca Palma Mallorca (PMI) 2+ stops

Arrive: 8:45am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 0min

United Airlines 4962 * Airbus A330 * 9hr 15min

Depart: 10:45am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Arrive: 2:00pm afternoon Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 34min

United Airlines 7474 * Canadair 700 * 56min

Depart: 3:34pm afternoon Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Arrive: 4:30pm afternoon Norfolk, VA Norfolk International (ORF)

Phoenix - Palma

Total Airfare $552.00

Airfare taxes and fees $149.89

Total trip cost $701.89 USD

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 Flight 1

United Airlines 952 * Airbus A320 * 4hr 15min

Depart: 9:49am morning Phoenix, AZ Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl (PHX) 2+ stops

Arrive: 4:04pm afternoon Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 26min

United Airlines 4963 * Airbus A330 * 7hr 50min

Depart: 5:30pm evening Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Arrive: 7:20am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Change Airline. Time between flights: 2hr 20min

Spanair 5614 * Airbus A320 * 1hr 15min

Depart: 9:40am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Arrive: 10:55am morning Palma Mallorca, Spain Palma Mallorca Palma Mallorca (PMI)

Monday, November 22, 2010 Flight 2

United Airlines 9509 Operated by: SPANAIR -- JK 5631 * Airbus A320 * 1hr 20min

Depart: 7:25am morning Palma Mallorca, Spain Palma Mallorca Palma Mallorca (PMI) 2+ stops

Arrive: 8:45am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 0min

United Airlines 4962 * Airbus A330 * 9hr 15min

Depart: 10:45am morning Madrid, Spain Madrid Barajas (MAD)

Arrive: 2:00pm afternoon Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Change planes. Time between flights: 3hr 42min

United Airlines 953 * Boeing 757 * 5hr 7min

Depart: 5:42pm evening Washington, DC Washington Dulles Intl (IAD)

Arrive: 8:49pm evening Phoenix, AZ Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl (PHX)

Total duration: 21hr 24min Total miles: 6102 miles

Those are just two examples. If you want me to help just PM me and I will give you instructions on how to book this thing.

Just for kicks some other originating airports:

JFK $445 all in

BOS $565 all in

ORD $605 all in

DFW $605 all in

LAX $699 all in

Nicholas Sortino

That is awesome man. Out of curiosity, what about straight out of IAD? My wife is stationed up there, so it would be just as convenient as here really. I will get back to you probably after the weekend when I get paid.

IAD $530 all in

IAD-MAD-PMI-MAD-IAD on United.

Just pm me and I'll give you the instructions on how to book the ticket on Orbitz.

Alvaro Antolinez

I'll confirm prices with the hotel and give you the information to book shortly!!! :D:D

damn flight tickets price just increased 100$.. anyways cdx I'm flying from Copenhagen the 18th and leaving the 22nd, don't know exact times yet as I didn't book yet

So now vi can book tickets.

What are the recomendations fot times/dates of arrival and depature?

Is there someone who can pick us up at the airport?

What do you think the costs for hotel and food will be?

Alvaro Antolinez

Well sorry for the delay with all that info but I've been really bussy last week. Also I had to reconfirm the conditions with the hotel due to the time that had passed since they gave me the prices. Here we go:

-dates: the seminar starts november 19th early in the morning. So I recomend arriving thursday afternoon and leaving sunday afternoon( the seminar will finish around 15:00) or monday morning depending the availability of flights. If some one has to arrive later or leave earlier maybe we can pick them up or leave them from-to the airport( not a preference please as this will mess a bit our timetable!).

-transport to-from the hotel: hotel is just 3 km away from the airport. There is a public bus stoping some meters away from the hotel and it costs just 2 euros/trip. It is hands down the best option to the hotel. ( We 'll post a very detailed document with all the info you will possibly need!).

-hotel: please make your bookings at http://www.roc-hotels.com/

hotel name is roc-leo at Palma de Mallorca. Balearic islands. When you make your reservation write that you are at the "gymnastics seminar" because they are blocking some rooms for us. The prices are the ones I gave you. If you find any trouble pm me and I'll talk directly to the reservations central. Breakfast is included with the price.

-transport To/from the seminar: as we are not too many people ( initially) serotonin and me will pick you up at the hotel with our own cars and go to the sports center. I'll also post a map just in case some one wants to rent a car or go to another hotel or so)

-lunch: there are some budget restaurants around the sports center, with daily menu( I have to check if they are open on sunday)

-diner: there are lots of restaurants around the hotel so no problem there. Also we will try to give some options for extra activities or tourism at the afternoon or later.... ;)

Michael Traynor

Ahhhhhhh!

I'm SO excited, I feel like a child again. Thank you so much for all of your hard work organising this!

I'm going to be filming the journey from start to finish for those that want to see what it's like, Not sure i'll be allowed to video much of the actual seminar but we'll see what happens.

Airplane tickets booked, now just have to make a reservation at the hotel :D

Omegant: The amount of work you put into this is amazing, I can't thank you enough!

Joshua Naterman

You'll be able to film goofing off time if there is any but no actual seminar information or footage. I think it would be really cool to film everyone going out to eat and everything, I wish I had thought of that in Arizona!

I'm filming every frikkin second of goofing off. Omegant/Coach is the gym rented for the entire period so we could in theory use it 24h/day or is it for the seminar time only?

Alvaro Antolinez

The gym is reserved for the seminar timetable. Anyway If you want some tumbling or other stuff on the remaining time I suppose there will be no problem.

Is every body doing their reservations at the hotel? Dont take too kuch time as prices could rise if you wait too much. I think that this reservations only charge a third of the price till you arrive to the hotel. (as I was told by the customer service, not 100% sure).

It seems serotonin and me are going to be filmed quite a lot then! :D