Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB European Seminar - interested?

Razz

Alvaro Antolinez

I sent today some information of the facilities and the conditions to the Coach. Here you can find some pics and info on them:

www.xelska.com

Sorry is in spanish only ... There is an article saying that the senior russian team was here training this year too!

Look at the multimedia tab you'll find to the left there are lots of pics of the latest competitions.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mats Trane

• Razz

• Alvaro Antolinez

• Cole Dano

David Picó García

+1 to Mallorca.

Wonderfull place, tons of hotels avalaible, good weather easy to access from everywhere from Europe. And of course A very hospitable people lives here :D

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

I can easily drive to Denmark, but still prefer Mallorca as the location for a GB seminar. Sun, sun, here we come. Omegant, and others like mr. Brady, thanks for all your time and energy to make this happen.

Coach Sommer

My Friends,

Thanks in large part to GB Forum members Omegant and Mr Brady a GB European Seminar is becoming a distinct possibility.

Particulars:

1) The location would be Mallorca, Spain. The facility there is outstanding and is also only 10 minutes away from excellent accomodations at the beach. As it would be off season, excellent deals on these accomodations are available. It also appears that it will be no issue to arrange for group transportation to and from the host hotel to the training facility.

In addition, flying into Palma is quite convenient.

2) After a preliminary overview, the two most promising scheduling options appear to be November 19-21 or Oct 29-31; although the October date may not provide enough advance notice for some participants. What are your opinions regarding either of these dates? Are there European holidays that would interfere with either of these dates? Any information you could provide would be most helpful.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

November would be better for me for sure, but I could probably make October aswell. No danish holidays interfering as far as I know.

EDIT: god damnit I'm excited!! :mrgreen:

Great developments! And thanks to Omegant and Mr. Brady for their efforts.

Unfortunately October and even November may prove to be a problem for me as my girlfriend and I will be relocating to another city around that time (not sure when yet). This will be time- and money-consuming, which means that I can't guarantee that I can attend the whole weekend. Please keep us updated! I am glad that there are some optional dates now so that I can try and make arrangements.

Alex Dienaar

I'm up for both weekends as well, October is in only 2 months but that is more than enough for me to make arrangements to come! (I can't believe it could be so soon already! <3)

Alvaro Antolinez

+1 on november I'm having a baby :D first half of october!( in fact is my wife not me who is having the baby!) but also with some time in advance airplane tickets would be cheaper!, down part is temperature will not be that good for november in mallorca ( not bad either).

Edited: I just checked spanish holydays and there are no special days that would be a problem for neither of both dates ( no increase of price due to special weekends or so!)

Marcelo Rodrigues

Interested!? YEEEEESSSS!!!!!! :D November would definitely be better, but I could make it on October as well :)

down part is temperature will not be that good for november in mallorca ( not bad either)

Have you been in Helsinki in November?

Either weekend is fine for me. It would be great to find out soon as possible to be able to get days off from work + cheap airline tickets.

CAN´T WAIT!!

David Picó García

Wow im really excited!!!!

First of all congratulations to omegant!!!!, i recently became father of twins ( and also have a 4 y.o son), so you can imagine how this has affected my training schedule, my sleep routine ( well you cant imagine that until october :P ) and in fact this prevented me to go to the semminars of may and this september, so this opportunity of making this possible here at Mallorca is simply awesome.

Send me a PM if you need help with this event organitation although my time is now limited (I'm now focused on baby's feeding bottles :mrgreen: ) and if you go to principes de españa for training.

Any weekend dates are great for me.

Congrats Serotonin!

Who could have thought this would happened so fast!? I remeber how we talked about the seminars this summer

and now its gonna happen in Europe!!

Actually looks like October is going to be cheaper for me because most cheap airlines don't fly to Mallorca during winter. Congrats Serotonin for your twins and Omegant with your upcoming baby ;)

EDIT: scratch that I found some decently priced tickets for both..

David Picó García

Thanks to all of you. Yes, cdx it was great just to meet you as two people from distant places become together for this sport passion, just imagine to congregate more people from other countries and of course the Coach teaching us the rigth stuff in person.

Actually looks like October is going to be cheaper for me because most cheap airlines don't fly to Mallorca during winter. Congrats Serotonin for your twins and Omegant with your upcoming baby ;)

EDIT: scratch that I found some decently priced tickets for both..

Which airline did you find cheap? Ryan air? looks like Ryan air don´t fly in November or maybe they havent released their ticket for November??

Actually it was just SAS, they had some tickets that ended up being about 1000 Kroner there and back. All the cheap airlines only fly until October it seems.

Alvaro Antolinez

If we are lucky you only need a long shirt in november , in october you still can have a bath at the sea! It's still warm from the summer even if outside is a bit colder( for us that is like 18 degrees XD, No Helsinky winter temperatures please!).

If it's easyer to find tickets for october there is no problem for me( I'll be a bit more tired and sleepless :| ).

I'm interested, but stopped by the costs of it.

An integrated solution (hotel+meals) and keeping the price of the seminar low (not 1:1 with dollar!) would help.

November would be the best.

It's not official but it is looking good.

I'm in Arizona now and can only say the seminar is fantastic! A must for anyone serious about GB training.

Alvaro Antolinez

This is the second time I have to write this(something happened to my phone!) :(

The dates Coach has given here and also to me to search accommodation, transport, and gymnastic facilities are 19,20,21 of November (keep in mind they are still not closed)

I´m waiting for Coach´s final instructions but transport is almost done, hotels: I have been talking to some hotels and the price they gave me is not good enough so looking for other options and also trying to bring down the actual ones.

The most important part is the gymnastic facilities, the top coach at this facilities has been very busy this last 2 weeks so I hope this week everything will be ready to lock the dates for us.

I´m looking to make every thing as low on price as I possible can, but with good quality. I expect that I can give super low costs (youth hostel and public transport) options here to those who need it also upgrades for those who need it too :D).

Of course Coach has the last word on all this! Maybe this week there will be more news.

Hope this helps.