Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB European Seminar - interested?

Razz

Animalonfire

Count me in. I've already been told that I'm not allowed to go to America. Europe should give me loads more wiggle room with my mum(thanks to ryanair). Worst case scenario is that she comes as well (not to the seminar though).

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mats Trane

• Razz

• Alvaro Antolinez

• Cole Dano

Alvaro Antolinez

Well the Saturday I "discovered" a new option for this or next seminars, here in MALLORCA they built a new gymnastics ground for the World University Games, It was fully equipped and it burn down completely in less than 5 min (firefighters base less than 100m away)due to an stupid as..ole smoking inside the foam pit!. Sooo they built another one which is fully equipped again! I was going to do a open class for some people wanting to try gymnastics (in my case play with first class equipment) but due to an standart spanish happening they forgot to told us that the russian girls junior team was preparing the pre season :? . At least I could see their level wich is amazing (I´ll post some videos I made with the Iphone in some minutes).

Long story short, I talked to the ground master about the seminar and he told me they are very interested in hosting events like ours even they will call some gymnastic coaches around the island to assist if they are interested. So there you have another option if not for this seminar for one of the following!.

http://flic.kr/p/8qDt33

http://flic.kr/p/8qAkPx

http://flic.kr/p/8qDsjS

Sorry I can´t get the pics to be seen directly with img! I don´t know what Im doing wrong!

That sounds pretty good omegant.

As far as i know this is all still very open. No one has special priority to have the seminar, anyone who has the energy to put into organizing it can, and as long as there are people coming there's no limit on how many. My Mrs. was actually suggesting we go to Mallorca this fall i'd love to hook up if that happens.

In any case i'm open and willing to help with the organization side where ever it is.

Feel free to drop me a PM.

I'd like to keep every thing open until going to Az in Sept just to see what Dillon and Coach have in mind for this.

Alvaro Antolinez

As most of the forum members are from northern Europe I suppose it will be easier to do the first seminar up there but I´ll organize the meeting here if you wish, I didn´t know before that we have such a beautiful place for doing it!. The good thing about Mallorca is that you have Air berlin, Hapag lloyd, ryan air and a lot more companies flying here from around Europe ( We are in fact better connected to Germany and England than we are to spain :shock: ). Once we have the total number of people going to the seminar we can decide. :D

Coach Sommer

My Friends,

Thank you for your strong support and interest in a potential GB European Seminar. I have watched with interest and have appreciated your enthusiasm during the course of this discussion over the last few weeks. While the Sept 2010 GB US Seminar will be our first international class, with participants from 4 countries scheduled to attend, there is no doubt that a European based GB Seminar would offer significant savings to those who are based in Europe.

Here are several items which are necessary for the initial GB European Seminar to become a reality.

1) Send me an email, CoachSommer@GymnasticBodies.com, requesting to be placed on the GB European Seminar interest list. In this email please specify whether you are seriously interested in attending the first GB European Seminar or would simply like to be kept in the loop for possible future GB European Seminars.

2) The Mallorcan facility looks promising. Omegant, if you would, please send me: a) the rental costs for the Mallorcan facility, b) additional details on the facility itself, c) dates and times of facility availability d) basic accomodation costs in the area and e) any other details which you feel may be pertinent.

3) Continue to scout for suitable locations for the site of the seminar outside of Mallorca.

4) Depending on the estimated facility costs, transportation & accomodation costs etc; the minimum number of 3-day participants would probably be 10 people. If the interest in the seminar is low to moderate, one of my GB staff members will run the seminar. If the interest is strong and requires additional support, I will personally run the seminar along with my staff.

5) The tuition of the GB European Seminar would remain consistent with that of the US GB Seminars. Please click here for additional details and daily schedules. All fees would be collected and monitored through the GB online store.

6) In the event that the seminar registrations fail to reach the minimum necessary, all seminar fees would be refunded in their entirety.

If you have additional questions or commments, please do not hesitate to ask.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks for the reply Coach.

I'd like to think that ten will be an easy number to meet. And with proper support from the site, and promotion from interested members it could easily grow well beyond that and require your presence.

Mallorca would be a beautiful place to do it, in that regard it beats the heck out of Helsinki.

In any case I will look into the facility here and get you details. As it may be lodging cost etc could influence peoples choice. Helsinki (or another more central European city if some one knows of a facility) could be better if we want to make sure the Coach comes over as well.

May i also suggest that the initial emails to Coach Sommer could state if location matters and if so where.

email sent. Destination is not going to influence my choice of going or not, although Helsinki would probably be cheaper for me and thus my preferred option. The only thing that would influence me going or not is if there is something important in uni going on at the time that I can't miss.

E-mail sent! Seriously intersted! Especially arter seeing the facility in Mallorca.

Hey Omegant where is that place in Mallorca ? Near Palma?

Alvaro Antolinez

The facility is placed in a public sports center placed 5 min out of palma ( if you look at the you tube video location you'll find the exact position in the map)in an industrial park. Is government managed and I don't think the fees will be high. This saturday a group of 10 people ( +me ) is renting that same place just for trying gymnastics and playing around, it is reserved just for us and price is around 15 euros per person for 3 hours. I suppose the price will go down for something as our seminar. Coach I'll ask the manager tomorrow about the conditions and mail you with the answer. The manager told me that they will spread the voice with local clubs, so maybe more peOple will atend the courses from outside the forum in case a seminar is organized here.

Acomodation and transport will have a nice price once we are out of summer season. I'll be glad to arrange everything here I'm only limited for the month of october as my wife is having a baby! .

This is just an option It would be great to go to helsinky too!.

Edit:The one who is having a baby is my wife not me!

I definetly vote for Mallorca after seeing the facility and Omegant is right, Ryan Air has chep ticket from major cities i Europe. I was there this summer and it was great. I had the opertunity to meet and train with forum member Serotonin.

Having investigated the facilities in Helsinki, i have to agree that Mallorca would be the best option for a large seminar.

Alvaro Antolinez

N0FJONVtY6g

here is the video of the russian Junior team (girls) training there. At the you tube map you'll find the exact location of the facility.

I'll move to London in Jan 2011 so i'm very interested and will certainly participate in an European GB Seminar next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Alvaro Antolinez

I've been a bit busSy this past week but I'm after the answer of the gymnas manager about price and availability. This week I'll tell the coach about the results.

I am also interested in this seminar, and will send an e-mail shortly.

Me and my friends here in copenhagen are going to find out if there is some suitable places we can rent for three days. But I just wanted to ask if it will be necessary to rent them the whole day or are we on a time-basis like 5 hours for example. If we rented them the whole three days we could actually sleep there :).

For those who live around Denmark or copenhagen, the two places we think about is "grøndal centeret" and "Hermes gymnastik"

Grøndal centeret would be a really nice place I think, although I haven't been there but from looking online and stuff.. Please do see if you can rent that and at what price :)

A more central location would be great so most wouldn't have to fly. If the seminar is in the dead of winter, then Mallorca looks better though.

It would certainly help Coach if you can provide photos of the facility as well.