Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Body Lever Challenge!!!

Joshua Naterman

Joshua Naterman

Let's see who can do the longest Body Lever hold!

Mine's crap, 17s. I was over 30s at the seminar, so I should be back up there fairly soon(4-8 weeks) now that I'm working holds on a regular basis!

Sadly, I think that right now Blairbob is going to smoke me. :oops:

Key points of the challenge: Everyone who can, post your video! Doesn't matter if it's longer or shorter than mine.

You have to try and keep the same angle as I am to get accurate representations of difficulty!

uMa9WcA93pw

Nice.

I saw this and decided to try. I was almost contemplating taking tonight off but I've got a ManoWar playlist and the lower body WOD should be something I could do. I spent Fri-Sun moving myself out besides moving some of the stuff into storage after taking everything out to maximize space. Between that and being in the sun too much, I'm feeling just ok now. I could tell I've gotten a bit of sun on my shoulders while doing the body lever.

A self counted 25s which means it could be around 20s easily. I haven't done much today except coach and some light biking besides warmup with the guys so I'm fairly fresh but that was done with a 30s WU of some lying leg lifts.

And we know Coach's guys could crush easily. :x

Bare in mind, I'm a foot shorter and about 50lbs lighter. Perhaps Wednesday, we can have a contest with any girls who want to for a prize besides my muscle-man in training and see if we can get a legit time and maybe some footage. I think we'll beat him despite the fact that he can front lever since he has good pulling strength but I generally own him on hollow body holds or core work though he can beat me on a BL, I think. Also helps that is 61lbs@4'5. I'm a one shot wonder with FL anymore though I suspect you aren't, if you want to try it.

Coach Sommer

No arching, gentlemen!

Be sure to always focus on using the correct hollow body position. This will help to establish a solid foundation for more advanced FSP in the future.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

the apperatus used should be the same... arm placement and grip can have a big impact...

We'll solve it in September I guess. I prefer using the triangle base of the Balance Beams to anything else versus using a knitted fingers grip on a HB/PB/UB support beam. Using a different base of support can change the amount of force the arms can work to hold on.

Coach, there was no arching involved in mine. I'd like to ask Steven Low how long he can do his from another enthusiast versus asking someone like Dillon or Gregor who is just way beyond most of any of us. Maybe Alexis Olson would be up to it.

Erik Sjolin

I wanna send in my try as well

It's not great qualiy, and the towel kind of obscures the view, but...actually, it kinda sucks.

b-Ybk7VcOeo

Erik Sjolin

You're killing me man, killing me!

Ugh, if I could get a camera to the gym I'd do it off a bench...

Tomorrow I will have someone take a video. My attempt last night was meant merely as prelude to September. I will trash all the kids at the gym and then I'm coming for you, Balboa!

Erik, see if someone has a phone with camera function. I do, but it's and older phone that would need a bluetooth to connect to a PC if that is possible.

John Sapinoso

Separate categories for bent arm and straight? I'll give this a shot later this week

Tsoonami. We talked about the difference of bent arm and straight at the seminar. The consensus was it doesn't matter as much and can put the shoulder in a position where it is exposed to a lot of load (which is why it bothers my shoulder in that position). This sort of depends how you are holding your hands. I think in my case is that the body levers were assistance work in workouts to FL so my shoulders might have already been fatigued besides their inherent problems.

I think in the straight arm position you simply cannot assist as much compared to when you bend your arms and get more bicep/tricep recruitment. Point being is if it bothers your shoulder, it's not worth it in that position.

Erik, your back position in the body lever looks good but your heels are starting to lower creating something of an arch.

Makes me wish there was anything in my house I could use to work on this. There is literally nothing here to hold on to

be creative :) put your fingers under a closed door, under your couch with some extra weight on it, stall bar, bed with extra weight on it, bottom part of stairs, little stair in front of the main door... there MUST be something that will work.

Erik Sjolin

I usually use a work bench at the gym, but since this was at my home, I had to improvise. If you look closely, I was actually holding onto someone's ankles.

Gotta pick someone big though, I kept lifting him off the ground.

Joshua Naterman

HAHAHA! Awesome video! I love the music Erik!

Coach, was I too arched? I felt like I was hollowed until the last 4-5 seconds when I was doing it, but maybe my feeling is off. Should we literally have a slightly curved back? I felt like if I did anything more then my butt would be on the ground or my legs would be too high. I will re-check myself this weekend with a better hollow!

Animalonfire
Makes me wish there was anything in my house I could use to work on this. There is literally nothing here to hold on to

Parked car, loaded barbell, bathtub, large radiator, low fastened doorway bar, over hanging kitchen units or spacious toilet?

Coach Sommer
Coach, was I too arched? I felt like I was hollowed until the last 4-5 seconds when I was doing it, but maybe my feeling is off. Should we literally have a slightly curved back?

Yes, you were arched. The lower back should remain completely flat at all times.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

Ok. I will work on that! We'll see if I'm doing any better this weekend when I post my next body lever video.

hm ok sad its not viewable... however theres a guy doing a body lever with a 30 kg weight vest attached to his legs