Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some of my Equilibre training for critique

yuri marmerstein

yuri marmerstein

thanks guys. I've been training hard but still have long way to go

what type of stretching did you use in order to get your straddle??!! when i'm doing stretching i have the split but in dinamyc exercises i can't use it!!! is something concerned with the active flexibility?

sounds like you need to get your hips stronger

try doing leg lifts while sitting in a staddle. doing slow kicks Bill Wallace style helps a lot also

Nice work!

But only right arm? :wink:

I train both arms equally these days, but progress with the left is far behind. Not a whole lot to show off. I have yet to hit 5 seconds more often than occasionally. I still use one finger on the supporting hand most of the time for my left

It doesn't help that I had to take two months off my left hand from may to july when I messed up my wrist. Wrong side coordination is an issue as well as hyperextension of my left elbow.

But these are all bad excuses, I'll keep working on it

Mikael Kristiansen

Super progress! You look really stable and comfortable in the position. If I should critique anything, it would be that your free arm is still making your scapula move a bit. Try keeping the trapezius in its shrugged position, as on 2 arms, even when you take it off. This will enable you to move it more freely, because it wont mess with your COG. Getting that down, you should become able to go to the next step for the straddle 1 arm; lifting your free arm all the way up to your leg.

The next step for the legs could be to try with toes touching(frog, diamond or whatever its name). It is a good position because your COG is at about the same level, but you have less legs to balance with. Also try in a tuck position, which is again slightly harder than diamond.

And yes, left arm easily falls behind since you get less time under tension than your good one, but keep working. I have started hitting my left harder now because it is stopping my progress at the 1 arm jump changes.

yuri marmerstein
Super progress! You look really stable and comfortable in the position. If I should critique anything, it would be that your free arm is still making your scapula move a bit. Try keeping the trapezius in its shrugged position, as on 2 arms, even when you take it off. This will enable you to move it more freely, because it wont mess with your COG. Getting that down, you should become able to go to the next step for the straddle 1 arm; lifting your free arm all the way up to your leg.

The next step for the legs could be to try with toes touching(frog, diamond or whatever its name). It is a good position because your COG is at about the same level, but you have less legs to balance with. Also try in a tuck position, which is again slightly harder than diamond.

And yes, left arm easily falls behind since you get less time under tension than your good one, but keep working. I have started hitting my left harder now because it is stopping my progress at the 1 arm jump changes.

thanks mikael, I will work on it

Richard Duelley

It doesn't help that I had to take two months off my left hand from may to july when I messed up my wrist. Wrong side coordination is an issue as well as hyperextension of my left elbow.

But these are all bad excuses, I'll keep working on it

I hear you on the wrist injury. I fell on rings and strained my shoulder. . . 3 weeks into the healing process and its still a little sore :?

Well done Yuri!!!

I have to agree with Handabalancer...great peace of advece..."spot on"

the only thing i'll add to it is to pay attention to shoulder...don't let it go in and out. block it from the begin and keep it there..well out. very good work!

all the best

Luis Sarabia

yuri marmerstein

thanks Luis, I will try to be more vigilant about locking out my shoulder.

I usually try to pay attention to it but it doesn't always meet with success.

Handbalancer's tip about maintaining the scapula of the free arm is also a great piece of advice.

I'll post more videos as I make more progress. Thanks for all the great advice!