Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Next Book?

Walt Peacock

Quick Start Test Smith

Sorry, ausswe, no updates yet. The second edition is expected sometime this year, though!

Quick Start Test Smith
When will the rings book be published?

What it's status?

All I have heard is that the book being worked on is the 2nd Edition of BtGB and it's expected sometime this year. I don't know about a rings book.

Joshua Naterman
When will the rings book be published?

What it's status?

I have to tell you, you aren't quite ready for the rings book... you are wanting the strength progressions, yes? You are always looking to add elements to your routine and of course that is important and understandable, but you haven't built a good solid base. If you don't agree, ask Gregor to quickly watch your routines and give his opinion if he hasn't already.

I think you'd be crazy to not maintain the progress with your iron cross so far, just so that you maintain the elbow conditioning you've built up, but you really need to be focusing on the basics. Performing all presses with a proper hollow, fixing your basic ring swing, working on your XR HS, progressing to wide muscle ups, controlled multi-plane pulls with both slow and fast movement, etc.

You've had everyone from a judge to people with better ring abilities than you tell you the same thing, have you re-prioritized?

thanks, i'm not changing anything , still working on the basics

i just was curiouse aboit the book status, as i've been waiting

couple of years for it

Kevin Conley

Everyone,

Yeah, I too am 100% aware that I am likely not ready for most anything in the ring volume. I would however buy it in a second because someday, God willing, I will work to it.

I think I have about 5 more years (hour a day 6 days a week...) at my current pace before I will be ready and willing to move on to more advanced ring elements. But, I do want to get that book!

-P

Andrew Long

I'd just be happy with the second addition of btgb and handstand chronicals more so than the rings! as I am still a good few years from cool ring work! and both those other books will be gold in helping me build up to it. Will the handstand chonricals come before the rings book?

Rik de Kort
I'd just be happy with the second addition of btgb and handstand chronicals more so than the rings! as I am still a good few years from cool ring work! and both those other books will be gold in helping me build up to it. Will the handstand chonricals come before the rings book?

That would be logical, no? 1/2 Press HS on rings is a prereq for Iron Cross training.

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Is there any word on when the 2nd edition of BtGB will be released?

I have been training exclusively with bodyweight exercises for about a year now and would like to start gymnastic skill and strength work. I really want to buy BtGB but since it seems like the 2nd edition is coming soon I want to wait for the most up to date text.

Thanks

Timothy Aiken

BtGB is basic strength, therefore you want to get that first and set a strong foundation. Once you master BtGB you can use the other volumes to the full potential. 

Don't let this discourage you from not buying the second edition. I plan on integrating what I can from the second edition into my training with moves from the first. But like I said, get the first edition so you are prepared for the second edition. Also keep up with things on this forum. I wish I had used it more in the past because it has helped me immensely so far.

Happy training! 

Alexander Svensson

Well isn't the second edition just an updated BTGB? I thought it was supposed to include everything from the first book but also a little more on the pre-reqs and also a small portion of joint prep?

Timothy Aiken

Not at all. If you purchase the first book it says it is the first of five volumes. All of them will include something different. Coach Sommer said earlier this year that the joint prep will be included in each new volume which narrows it down to four volumes. BtGB is starting strength with FSPs (fundamental static positions) and FBEs (fundamental bodyweight exercises). After those exercises are mastered (which, I might add, will take a long time) you can better utilize the other books. These other books I speak of include The Handstand Chronicles (Handstand Work), The Dynamic Physique (Dynamic Strength), and All Muscle, No Iron (Advanced Ring Strength). These are meant to add onto each other. Only with a strong base set in BtGB can you best use the other volumes, especially .All Muscle, No Iron., and .The Dynamic Physique'.

With this being said I do believe (correct me if I am wrong) that the book on handstands can be used at any level and SHOULD be used at every level in order to gain more control of body position in all other gymnastic movements and also to maintain proper shoulder mobility, stability, and strength, that will be required for healthy shoulders especially when mastering all moves/holds.

Daniel Shields

The second edition will be an updated and revised version of the original BtGB book, rather than a sequel. In fact, my understanding is that one of its strengths will be providing better guidance for the absolute beginner in addition to including information of mobility work and pre-hab.

Kamali Downey

Either way, I think its safe to say unfortunately....... it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.... :(

Oh well, there is always next year!

Timothy Aiken

Sorry for my misinformation. I was almost positive that is what the sequels are for (I got that from the book). I guess plans changed. "But yeah there always is next year." -GB Forum Member in 2010, 2011, and now 2012. However I feel it getting close.

Either way, I think its safe to say unfortunately....... it doesn't look like it's going to be released this year.... :(

You never know, there are still more than a day in 2012. Let's hope they can keep the promise :)

The newest product(s) are complete and our plan was indeed to have them released prior to the end of this year.    However these are VERY media rich (literally hundreds and hundreds of photos and videos) and ironing out the last few technical issues has taken a little longer than expected.  Be patient, we are nearly there and I promise that it will be worth the wait.   :icon_cool:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 12

Indeep Jawanda

"The newest product(s) are complete"

This just gave me a boost of enthusiasm to celebrate and dance this evening - the 31st of December.

Also, when the product(s) release, will their be more shipping options available to countries outside the US? Meaning more express shipping options (albeit at a higher cost).

It would be nice if more express 1-3 days international shipping options could be made available to those who are willing to pay for the much higher shipping costs associated with it.

Thanks

Keilani Gutierrez
The newest product(s) are complete and our plan was indeed to have them released prior to the end of this year.    However these are VERY media rich (literally hundreds and hundreds of photos and videos) and ironing out the last few technical issues has taken a little longer than expected.  Be patient, we are nearly there and I promise that it will be worth the wait.   :icon_cool:

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I won't make the same mistake and not purchase the DVD's this time. buying it, the day it releases as a birthday present. Thanks Again coach! I Love being a part of this community :D

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Now THAT is a happy new year!!

Martin Majer

Are you going to release digital edition as well? I live in Europe and shipping costs almost as much as the book itself, so I would really appreciate it.

Are you going to release digital edition as well? I live in Europe and shipping costs almost as much as the book itself, so I would really appreciate it.

Yes, the digital offering will be much more extensive.

• Upvote 2