Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gymnastics bodies WOD rotation

Neal Winkler

Neal Winkler

Many people, especially those new to the board, are under the impression that the WOD's are randomly assigned, illogically constructed workouts. For this reason, they believe it is better to create their own programs.

This is not true.

The WOD's in fact have a consistent rotation as follows:

Handstands

Dynamic push

Ring series

Embeded

Dynamic pull

Strength Legs

Handstands

Dynamic legs

Dynamic exercises take place every 3rd workout. They rotate as follows: push, pull, legs.

All other types of workouts rotate every 6th workout as follows: Handstands, ring series, embeded, leg strength.

That is the general template.

John Sapinoso

been noticing a regular cyclic rotation trend too, thanks for laying it out in the open

[=

Not exactly as how it was laid out to us at the seminar but I need to see if that planning as the same as the GB WOD has been lately.

Your observations seem to be correct, though.

Neal Winkler

The only blip I seen was there were two dynamic leg workouts in a row, sometime in the last month or so.

Jason Stein

Triangle,

I label and consider "conditioning" what you call "dynamic" days above. I also consider the HS-specific days to be conditioning, as opposed to maximal strength as in embeds, rings and legs.

In this sense then it's not so strange when Coach Sommer posts a tire-drag sandwich between weighted box jumps and GHRs. It's still a maximal strength set.

This also ought to help plan deloads more effectively. If you're looking to cut volume every third workout, would be around the fourth week.

best,

jason