Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is the warrior diet good for gymnastics

Edward Smith

Richard Duelley

Ido I wish I could afford to eat like that :mrgreen: But sadly I am poor graduate student (1 year left!!). I do however keep my diet as clean as I can, ie only lean meats/fish/eggs (I LOVE fish) and veggies and I try my best to get 5-6 small meals a day. I limit myself to whole grain cereal (hot and cold) only in the mornings and the last thing I eat is some kind of yogurt as my last meal, its a treat for me personally :D (I try to get greek, and add a touch of honey, whenever I get the chance/money). Everything has worked wonderfully, since this time last year I lost 35 lbs put on 10 back in muscle and I have about leveled out at 175, body fat calculated using multiple formulations says from 9-10%. I just recently upped my intake to try and put on a little more muscle mass (I might lift a little this summer as well), my goal is a lean, clean 185 pounds and at 6 feet tall I dont think it will be much of a problem.

To the poster about me, if you go through and add everything up I am sure that its easily a 2000 cal diet but I am sure Ido eats more calories than that because he works out many hours a day. Its not difficult to eat a clean diet that will suit your nutritional needs, I have been doing it for a year now with great results both body composition wise and I also feel better than I ever had in my entire life.

Ido, thanks again for the inspiration to keep to this diet (which is actually not that hard anymore because I really enjoy the food I eat) when everyone around me is eating lots and lots of junk!

I have been meaning to take pictures of a day of food just to see what it all looks like . . . I will have to get on it after my final today :roll:

there's something i dont understand...

How can Ido maintain such a bodymass with such a diet cause even if ido didn't talk about quantities his sample menu seems to be low on calories. since ido is pretty muscular with big arms,shoulders and legs i really dont understand how he can keep his muscles with such a low calories diet...

any ideas would be great, thanks

Perhaps Ido spent a long time building up to that point or he had a few cycles with more calories. Or, we are not factoring in the fat calories which could make up a great percentage. I am amazed that I can survive on 16 blocks on the Zone but I didn't get to 180lb using the Zone.

• 3 weeks later...
Luke Leaman
there's something i dont understand...

How can Ido maintain such a bodymass with such a diet cause even if ido didn't talk about quantities his sample menu seems to be low on calories. since ido is pretty muscular with big arms,shoulders and legs i really dont understand how he can keep his muscles with such a low calories diet...

any ideas would be great, thanks

I eat very similar to Ido and I am 6'1, 230lbs, ~10%. When you get ample nutrition, and when you are digesting and assimilating food, you can get by on much less. Even when dieting for a bodybuilding show at 242lbs I ate 6-7 times a day but the portions were about 5oz of tilapia with veggies, salad with Balsamic vinegar, 45g fish oil, and that was it, not even a PWO shake. I would eat about 1 cup of brown rice every few days, maybe 2 or 3 if I was getting really flat. I was training twice a day with weights 5-6 days a week and hiking 1-2 hours a day and in 8 weeks dropped from 242 at 12% (measured by Charles Poliquin), to 232 at 4.1%.

I can't speak for Ido but I also take lots of digestive aids and I believe that the key to it is getting your stomach and digestion running 100%.

When you get ample nutrition, and when you are digesting and assimilating food, you can get by on much less.

True dat.

Fabio Gutierrez

Interesting:

Bird’s team saw muscle preserving effects of an EAA+CHO solution ingested during training after a four-hour fast (50). The EAA+CHO treatment suppressed any cortisol increase whereas the fasted group’s cortisol levels rose 105 percent by the end of the training bout. 3-methylhistidine (3MH – an indicator of myofibrillar protein degredation) levels in the fasted group were elevated by 56 percent two days after the exercise bout whereas 3MH levels in the EAA+CHO group were reduced by 27 percent. Apparently, even a partial fast before resistance training can negatively impact muscle protein status.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.