Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

back lever and breathing

MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

when ever i do the advanced tuck back lever i find it difficult to breathe. will this go away as i get stronger? or am i doing something wrong?

One reason for this could be that the BL tends to close the ribcage making it harder to breathe. If thats the cause you could do some mobility work for example while sitting on the floor put your hands on the floor behind you, open your chest, and work on breathing deeply. This can also be done on the wall, and of course in the German Hang.

MarineMotivatedMe

thanks for your reply. i will start doing that. im sure it will help me out a lot!

Any static hold or movement can cause an individual to be difficult to breathe. As they strive to maintain tightness or duress, they squeeze every muscle to accomplish the task.

In time, it will manage itself out. This is very common amongst any movement that is very difficult or new to the individual.

However, if this persists, there is no way you can string a series of such movements as you would taxed too much.

This is why rings strength series can seem so effortless to the viewer's eye.

Gerrit Thomsen

I have the same problems breathing. my bl is cramped and it is progressing very slowly. fl on the other side is progressing much better, I know which muscles I have to activate. Quite strange because fl seems to be harder for most oft the people. Maybe it is a flexibility issue?

Gerrit Thomsen

Thx for your answer gregor. did you have any exercise beside negatives and static progression which helped you most notably regarding bl?