Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upper Body Strength Progression

Peter Zeitoun

Peter Zeitoun

Two questions today for you all. Thank you in advance for writing back. I am about to finish Intermediate 1 and in looking ahead to I2, I see that I do not have a single bar in order to do the dip. I know a progression could be regular dips but I would like advice here regarding this and also 2) is there a list or somewhere on the site that lists alternatives to certain exercises? Best. 

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/11/2022 at 1:44 PM, Peter Zeitoun said:

Two questions today for you all. Thank you in advance for writing back. I am about to finish Intermediate 1 and in looking ahead to I2, I see that I do not have a single bar in order to do the dip. I know a progression could be regular dips but I would like advice here regarding this and also 2) is there a list or somewhere on the site that lists alternatives to certain exercises? Best. 

HI Peter, actually no.  you can use a table....simply stop the movement once you reach it with the shoulder or chest.

Peter Zeitoun

Thank you, Alessandro. Two more easy questions. 1) Other than a table, can I use regular dip bars (I know the hand position changes)?, and 2) Intermediate 1 asks for inclined pushups...I do not see regular pushups in this program so far...can I switch these up to make it more challenging?

Thank you.

Peter Zeitoun

Ale - I have been looking around and saw the edit button and see that there are not only progressions within a certain exercise but also progressions of the same exercise. I see now where pushups come in. My question to you is whether GymFit thinks it a good idea to mix or add things...for example, pushups and then bench dip. Or is the idea get to the last of A1 before going onto the first of A2 and then working through these to the end before beginning with the first of A3?

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Peter Zeitoun said:

Ale - I have been looking around and saw the edit button and see that there are not only progressions within a certain exercise but also progressions of the same exercise. I see now where pushups come in. My question to you is whether GymFit thinks it a good idea to mix or add things...for example, pushups and then bench dip. Or is the idea get to the last of A1 before going onto the first of A2 and then working through these to the end before beginning with the first of A3?

Thank you

Hey Peter, and this stage of development is not necessary adding..is better to do more...if you have more energy you can put another session of puhsup.

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/13/2022 at 12:57 PM, Peter Zeitoun said:

Thank you, Alessandro. Two more easy questions. 1) Other than a table, can I use regular dip bars (I know the hand position changes)?, and 2) Intermediate 1 asks for inclined pushups...I do not see regular pushups in this program so far...can I switch these up to make it more challenging?

Thank you.

well....generally once you have completed the last step (step 9) pf the progression and you have logged it , the system will automatically update to the following exercise which is the normal pushup.