Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Starting again after a year

Olivier Renard

Olivier Renard

Hi, I have used the platform for about a year. When I started I was told to start at Level 1, which was fine by me. However, I noticed that my mobility is not that great is some areas, for example, shoulder flexion. I was progressing quite well, however, but also had this sense that I was cheating and progressing too quickly since there were some other (arguably more basic exercises) that I was not so good at. I had a look at the Intro level with the 8 different segments and there are exercises there that I know I would benefit from. What do you suggest I should do: go through the Intro level until I am confortable with all the exercises there or stick to Level 1 and add the Intro exercises to my Level 1 exercises as I see fit? My aim is not to progress quickly (it was my mistake last year) but to build a solid foundation. If I were to go back to Intro level, how do I know that I am ready to move to Level 1?

Many thanks,

Olivier

Edited by Olivier Renard

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Olivier Renard said:

Hi, I have used the platform for about a year. When I started I was told to start at Level 1, which was fine by me. However, I noticed that my mobility is not that great is some areas, for example, shoulder flexion. I was progressing quite well, however, but also had this sense that I was cheating and progressing too quickly since there were some other (arguably more basic exercises) that I was not so good at. I had a look at the Intro level with the 8 different segments and there are exercises there that I know I would benefit from. What do you suggest I should do: go through the Intro level until I am confortable with all the exercises there or stick to Level 1 and add the Intro exercises to my Level 1 exercises as I see fit? My aim is not to progress quickly (it was my mistake last year) but to build a solid foundation. If I were to go back to Intro level, how do I know that I am ready to move to Level 1?

Many thanks,

Olivier

Hey Olivier, probably the first option, so revisit intro level, take not of additional deficits, and then when finished intro level let GB coaches to know about them so that they can use Gb courses to help you address them.

Olivier Renard

Thank you very much Alessandro. That makes sense and will follow your advice.

However, I have just seen the new interface. For beginners there are now 40 workout available. What is the best approach in terms of progressing through those? Is the idea to do 5 different workouts over a period of 8 weeks and then progress to intermediate one?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/30/2021 at 1:32 PM, Olivier Renard said:

Thank you very much Alessandro. That makes sense and will follow your advice.

However, I have just seen the new interface. For beginners there are now 40 workout available. What is the best approach in terms of progressing through those? Is the idea to do 5 different workouts over a period of 8 weeks and then progress to intermediate one?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Hey Olivier, yes.

• 1 month later...
Olivier Renard

Hello Alessandro and many thanks foryour previous responses. I am about to finish the 40 workouts forbeginners and feel ready to move on to intermediate 1. So I have 2 questions:

1. What criteria should I use to decide whether I can move to intermediate 1 (and for intermediate 2 and beyond for that matter)? I feel comfortable with most exercises, but there are some mobility exercises that I could benefit from carrying on doing. 
  2. Furthermore, there are some mobility exercises available in the beginners level that do not seem to be available in intermediate 1. My plan was to follow the standard set of exercises in intermediate 1 for now and not add anything from the beginners exercises just yet, but I fear that I might miss out on some of the mobility exercises from the beginners level. Is that likely to happen and should I bring in some of the exercises from the beginners level to add to the intermediate 1 exercises?

Many thanks,

Olivier 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Olivier Renard said:

Hello Alessandro and many thanks foryour previous responses. I am about to finish the 40 workouts forbeginners and feel ready to move on to intermediate 1. So I have 2 questions:

1. What criteria should I use to decide whether I can move to intermediate 1 (and for intermediate 2 and beyond for that matter)? I feel comfortable with most exercises, but there are some mobility exercises that I could benefit from carrying on doing. 
  2. Furthermore, there are some mobility exercises available in the beginners level that do not seem to be available in intermediate 1. My plan was to follow the standard set of exercises in intermediate 1 for now and not add anything from the beginners exercises just yet, but I fear that I might miss out on some of the mobility exercises from the beginners level. Is that likely to happen and should I bring in some of the exercises from the beginners level to add to the intermediate 1 exercises?

Many thanks,

Olivier 

Hi Olivier, have you ever posted a form check of your execution in the forum?

Olivier Renard

Thank you very much Jeffrey. I had no idea this was possible or available. I wonder how many other gems like this are on this forum.