Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Equipment for Level 2 & 3

Tanveer Amin

Hello everyone. I am a new member based in Montreal, Canada. 

Based on the self-assessment tool, it was recommended that I start with Levels 2-3. 

I started checking out the videos and except some light dumbbells, I don't have any of the equipment used in the videos (bars, rings, etc.). 

My local gyms are still closed due to Covid. 

Is it possible to get a adapted plan for my level without the use of equipment?

I have the all-access plan. Would it be better if I changed programs to one that doesn't use equipment?

Thanks.

Tanveer

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/18/2021 at 11:29 PM, Tanveer Amin said:

Hello everyone. I am a new member based in Montreal, Canada. 

Based on the self-assessment tool, it was recommended that I start with Levels 2-3. 

I started checking out the videos and except some light dumbbells, I don't have any of the equipment used in the videos (bars, rings, etc.). 

My local gyms are still closed due to Covid. 

Is it possible to get a adapted plan for my level without the use of equipment?

I have the all-access plan. Would it be better if I changed programs to one that doesn't use equipment?

Thanks.

Tanveer

hey Tanveer, if i'm now wrong we mention what equipment is needed for every course on the sales site. My suggestion is still beginning from level 1 because is still challenging so that you have the time to adjust the equipment....if you find it challenging this is even better because we can fix weaknesses.

• 2 months later...
Jules Morgan-Bert

Hi Tanveer, 

I have been experimenting with which exercises I can do depending on what equipment I have available. 

If you've been assessed as Level 2, it would still be worth evaluating yourself and doing the last exercises from levels 1 on the most advanced set/reps possible. Like Alessandro says, you'll likely still find this very challenging. 

If you have attempted earlier exercises, attempted them with improved form and slower tempo, and you are not finding them challenging, I would look to see what exercises in levels 2 and 3 you can do with what is available. There are plenty of Youtbe videos on how you can repurpose a door for pull-ups or hanging leg raises (put a towel over the door to protect your hands). You can stack books or use two chairs for L-Sits, Dips, and other exercises. 

I would recommend picking one or two exercise progressions in each aspect of your current level of Foundations series and be creative and finding alternatives to traditional equipment. 

Good luck. 

JMB

• Like 1